Best car in my 30 years of driving!
By greatjohndini on
2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
I created an account just to review this car for anyone on the fence or evaluating cars in this class. I traded in my Infiniti EX35 for this car and I will never look back. Audi Q5 looked boring and audi/vw has a lot of issues. BMW X3 too small-image of driving a beemer:( And weird styling. Lexus.-comfortable but boring. Infinti.Was good but WAY too small and was not aging well after less than a year. And it felt -light?- VOLVO XC60. Totally solid car. I held back on it before because the audio/nav in the 09-10 was an absolute JOKE..but the 2011 version is great! Perfect! European. Safe. Best looking of the bunch. And 5/60 maintenance on everything but the tires! In love w/ driving again!
Favorite Features
FYI I got the T6 AWD w/conven, clim, multimedia pkgs. -Solid -heavy- ride -Super Comfortable seats. -Handles like a sports car. -Spacious interior. -Built in booster seats! This was a huge factor. -Warranty and maintenance best in class. -Not worried about the mech/elec/buggy issues I've had with German cars. -Powered rear door. -BLIS, City Safety, ..feel sooo protected. -Takes 87 octane..saving 20-30 cents a gallon. -Huge sunroof -And my 4 year old daughter loves it.
Suggested Improvements
Nav system is very different than my infiniti but I will adapt. More mpg would always be better but it's comparable to everything else in it's class.
By fairfax1
on 04/29/11 19:01 PM (PDT)

greatjohndini: Many thanks for your review - I have a 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD; it's a joy to drive but the seat isn't all that comfortable for my small frame. I'm seriously considering the XC60, as I want more cargo space, will probably wait for the 2012's as they are coming soon, but your review helped get me off the proverbial fence! Many thanks!

By f430monza
on 05/08/11 14:30 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the great review. I am a huge car person as well. My wife and I are starting a family soon and as she puts it.. "What is the car of the week?" My family has owned Japanese, American and German.. The Germans totally fail ( 3 Audi's- One caught fire, 2 VW- Both left us stranded several times, 3 BMW- All electrical problems and 4 MB-Good experience, but too expensive to maintain.) That being said, we love the XC 60, but am worried about dependability issues. Now that they have upped the anti w/ full maintenance the XC 60 is our # 1 contender- big downside-- non-touch screen navi. Thanks !