Best car in my 30 years of driving!
By greatjohndini on
2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
I created an account just to review this car for anyone on the fence or evaluating cars in this class. I traded in my Infiniti EX35 for this car and I will never look back. Audi Q5 looked boring and audi/vw has a lot of issues. BMW X3 too small-image of driving a beemer:( And weird styling. Lexus.-comfortable but boring. Infinti.Was good but WAY too small and was not aging well after less than a year. And it felt -light?- VOLVO XC60. Totally solid car. I held back on it before because the audio/nav in the 09-10 was an absolute JOKE..but the 2011 version is great! Perfect! European. Safe. Best looking of the bunch. And 5/60 maintenance on everything but the tires! In love w/ driving again!
Favorite Features
FYI I got the T6 AWD w/conven, clim, multimedia pkgs. -Solid -heavy- ride -Super Comfortable seats. -Handles like a sports car. -Spacious interior. -Built in booster seats! This was a huge factor. -Warranty and maintenance best in class. -Not worried about the mech/elec/buggy issues I've had with German cars. -Powered rear door. -BLIS, City Safety, ..feel sooo protected. -Takes 87 octane..saving 20-30 cents a gallon. -Huge sunroof -And my 4 year old daughter loves it.
Suggested Improvements
Nav system is very different than my infiniti but I will adapt. More mpg would always be better but it's comparable to everything else in it's class.
By f430monza
on 05/08/11 14:30 PM (PDT)

Thanks for the great review. I am a huge car person as well. My wife and I are starting a family soon and as she puts it.. "What is the car of the week?" My family has owned Japanese, American and German.. The Germans totally fail ( 3 Audi's- One caught fire, 2 VW- Both left us stranded several times, 3 BMW- All electrical problems and 4 MB-Good experience, but too expensive to maintain.) That being said, we love the XC 60, but am worried about dependability issues. Now that they have upped the anti w/ full maintenance the XC 60 is our # 1 contender- big downside-- non-touch screen navi. Thanks !

By fairfax1
on 04/29/11 19:01 PM (PDT)

greatjohndini: Many thanks for your review - I have a 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD; it's a joy to drive but the seat isn't all that comfortable for my small frame. I'm seriously considering the XC60, as I want more cargo space, will probably wait for the 2012's as they are coming soon, but your review helped get me off the proverbial fence! Many thanks!