A reliable car that I want to like more than I do
By mihali129 on
2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
I leased this car beginning in 2011 and it seemed like a perfect match for me. I wanted an SUV as I need to get to work in even the worst weather conditions. This is my first Swedish car after years of driving German and Japanese makes. The ride itself is firm. The acceleration is excellent with the T6. The XC60's only driving quirk that bothers me is that it has a very peculiar tight turn radius. That's fine if you want to make a U-turn in tight space but it actually takes care not to over-steer when parking. The seats are remarkably comfortable in front and back and that cargo space is good. The electronics and build quality of interior materials leave something to be desired.
Favorite Features
-Seats are remarkably comfortable with very good seat warmers. - Acceleration is great. Responsive steering (good and bad). - Very good ground clearance - Quiet at all speeds - Good quality speakers with package - Sunroof has great adjustability and is extra big
Suggested Improvements
-Controls are confusing. I never thought any could be worse than BMW but these are. - Rain-sensing and intermittent wiper settings are nearly useless even after reading the manual. - NAV system is by far the worst I've ever used. Cannot be trusted at all; Tried resetting and updating. Entering an address is about as cumbersome as can be with multiple screens and dial jogging. Once missed a turn and it took me ten miles out of the way just to come back in a circle when any of a number of turns would have worked sooner. -Electronics interface is completely anti-functional. -Plastic molding at driver seat broke off with me getting out of car. I'm only 180 lbs!