3.2 non-turbo with AWD is fantastic all-around
By adamwrites on
2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
This is, hands down, the most luxurious, comfortable, enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned (prior cars include: 08 BMW X3, 04 Acura TL, 99 BMW 3 Series sedan). Compared it to the latest Acura RDX, BMW X3, a few others. Great seats, handles great in the snow, lots of passenger and cargo space. Chose the naturally aspirated 6 and there's plenty of power without the turbo (tested both passing uphill on Rt. 280 near Livingston, NJ, those who have driven it can appreciate the statement). Love that it is a PZEV and AWD, and I expect better mileage sans turbo. Note: I picked the car up only a few days ago -- so my choice of 5 for reliability is what I'm hoping rather than what I've experienced.
Favorite Features
An important note: I found out at the dealership that you can indeed get the 3.2 naturally aspirated 6 with AWD, which comes as a $2,000 option. Well worth it. Love the blind-spot info system so far. Front and rear parking sensors have a graphic on the computer screen that shows distance to objects, very handy. I decided against a nav, prefer my Garmin. But it still comes with the color display for the radio, phone, etc., which is very easy to set up and use (Bluetooth connection with iPhone was virtually instant, and it grabbed my contacts automatically). Very easy to customize and update key settings, etc. Got the 2-tone leather, and I have to say I love that, too.
Suggested Improvements
I rated this vehicle a 5 for performance, which I based on performance for a vehicle of this type. I'm not trying to compare it to a Porsche 911. Same thing goes for the 5 for fun to drive, because I've been having a great time driving it so far -- obviously not the same kind of fun as a Lotus Elise on track day. As far as improvements, I don't have anything substantive yet. If anything arises, I will update this review.