Used 2011 Volvo XC60 T6 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volvo Xc60 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

A reliable car that I want to like more than I do
By mihali129

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased this car beginning in 2011 and it seemed like a perfect match for me. I wanted an SUV as I need to get to work in even the worst weather conditions. This is my first Swedish car after years of driving German and Japanese makes. The ride itself is firm. The acceleration is excellent with the T6. The XC60's only driving quirk that bothers me is that it has a very peculiar tight turn radius. That's fine if you want to make a U-turn in tight space but it actually takes care not to over-steer when parking. The seats are remarkably comfortable in front and back and that cargo space is good. The electronics and build quality of interior materials leave something to be desired.

Favorite Features

-Seats are remarkably comfortable with very good seat warmers. - Acceleration is great. Responsive steering (good and bad). - Very good ground clearance - Quiet at all speeds - Good quality speakers with package - Sunroof has great adjustability and is extra big

Suggested Improvements

-Controls are confusing. I never thought any could be worse than BMW but these are. - Rain-sensing and intermittent wiper settings are nearly useless even after reading the manual. - NAV system is by far the worst I've ever used. Cannot be trusted at all; Tried resetting and updating. Entering an address is about as cumbersome as can be with multiple screens and dial jogging. Once missed a turn and it took me ten miles out of the way just to come back in a circle when any of a number of turns would have worked sooner. -Electronics interface is completely anti-functional. -Plastic molding at driver seat broke off with me getting out of car. I'm only 180 lbs!

Great llittle SUV....I stress 'little'
By bhelgesen

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall, this car is a pleasure to drive. With the T6 and AWD it can be a blast. This is my wife's car and she drives it like a soccer mom but when I run out in it, it becomes an animal and is worthy of any road or traffic condition. We came out of two minivans so maybe my expectations were low. For what it's worth, we put our 18 yr old in a 10 year old s40 for safety.

Favorite Features

The pickup and torque are my favorite features. comfortable seating although the rear leg room is marginal for grown children.

Suggested Improvements

This is a small SUV in my opinion. Again, coming out of a minivan my expectations were out of line. Tight in the rear seat and not a tremendous amount of rear cargo space but it works.

Perfect Car; Perfect Buy
By aaa20

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is amazing. I love it. Better value than Q5, FX 35, and RX 350 (though those are good choices). I recommend the Volvo overseas delivery program because I got a great vehicle, met the people who made it, and got a great vacation to Sweden. My next purchase will likely be another Volvo.

Very happy with the car...
By jc12171

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Looking for a small-mid sized SUV after my Altima lease, consider and test drove Audi Q5 and BMW X3--both nice SUVs, but don't like the front grill in Audi and cheap looking front light on BMW. XC60 definitely is the best looking of all three. Plus better equipped and 5 yr free maintance, so went for Volvo. So far everything has been meeting my expectations. Very smooth and nimble handling with T6 engine. Comfortable seats, very little engine noise on highway. After 1000 miles, gas mileage has been better than advertised.

Favorite Features

Exterior design--really stand out from the crowd. Solid secure feeling. Nimble handling. 5yr/60000 free maintance.

Suggested Improvements

Some wind noise when >65 mph. Gas mileage is so-so.

What a great vehicle
By fabdog

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Moving out of a Lexus IS, needed more room. Looked at Lexus, Audi, BMW, Ford. Went with the Volvo. Sharp looking vehicle, AWD, great ground clearance. Drives very nicely, very comfortable front and back seats, lots of cargo room. Have most of the bells and whistles (NAV, backup camera, sound system) and they are very nice. Wife and kids love it. After 1500 miles am getting 21.5 to 22.5 MPG in mixed city/highway driving. Haven't had a chance to test it out in winter conditions, counting on the Volvo pedigree there

Favorite Features

Great room, fun to drive, NAV system improved over earlier models, backup camera, safety systems (Citysafe). Blind spot system is great (I see many new cars have this feature). I am very happy with this vehicle. Uses regular gas

Suggested Improvements

Could always get better mileage but I knew what it was advertsided at and I am getting at the high end of that range