2011 Volvo XC60 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Best Car I've ever owned
By volvo_owner1 on 11/24/11 06:22 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

What I like best about this car (after all the serious stuff like safety and reliability) is the Adaptive Cruise Control. How did I ever live without this feature? I've owned my Volvo for a year and am extremely happy with the vehicle

best ever
By volvolove on 06/09/11 11:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Having abandoned leasing I had done for many years and retiring, I decided to buy. Having looked at the Audi, BMW, and Volvo reviews for a fast SUV, I tried and then bought a Xc60. It is the best car I have driven in 54 years. Second was an Audi S4 I had many years ago. The Volvo handles almost as well-the Audi was shorter and and lower, a sports car in disguise. But the Volvo handles so well in much greater comfort (Is this a function of age?), and elegance and relative silence that I cannot imagine a better bargain. It comes near enough to the Audi in turning corners that I was amazed, given its weight and height. The interior defines simple elegance. Perfect for over 40s.

Stealth performance and style
By myob on 04/03/11 09:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is our first "crossover". After years of sport sedan driving we wanted more space for things and a higher driving position for traffic. The engine is super smooth, it is quieter inside and smoother riding (even with R design) than previous Infiniti and BMW vehicles we've had. The interior looks great in two-tone leather, ergonomics are fine, and at the present it is rated the most reliable of the European brands. The 5 year warranty and free maintenance, including wear items(execept tires) is a plus. Safety is unequaled. I am not thrilled with the lack of steering feel, but the vehicle will take fast corners and sticks to the roadexcellently. Plenty of room for us.

Best car I have ever owned
By glennzwif on 02/27/11 07:08 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Hands down this is the best car that I have ever owned. From the day I drove it off the lot, I haven't had one complaint (which is rare!). It hugs the road even in our snowy New Hampshire winter, has made it easily through the slippery mountains of Vermont when others couldn't, and last weekend we drove it to Quebec in a blizzard and it handled great. My husband is a pretty big guy (6'4" and about 240) and he is extremely comfortable. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Buy It!
By brew_daddy_27 on 02/01/11 04:25 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove and compared with the BMW X5, Audi Q5 and the Infiniti. Infiniti was tossed when I saw the size in person. Size matters! The only plus to the BMW was that I could add a third row of seating. The bad about both the BMW and the Audi was the price tag and what you get for that tag. The Volvo destroyed both in the safety department. I went with the T6 for the extra handling and body design. The curbside appeal of the T6 easily competes with the Audi (in my opinion wins). The end result is this, I have friend that purchased a loaded Q5 and another that purchased half loaded X5. Both are jealous of my loaded XC60. Not just the looks but the price tag was made them both weep.

A nice alternative to the snobmobiles
By myob on 01/02/11 11:43 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Cross shopped with BMW X5 and considered others. The Volvo won because it combined good styling(inside and out), good handling for a crossover, great (prob the best in class) safety, a 5 year warranty with free service, and finally, a quality dealership experience that was close by. If you can swing it, I definitely recommend the T6 version with the 300hp, 325 lb torque turbo inline 6 engine. It is buttery smooth, has no real turbo lag.Much better power delivery than a similar hp Infiniti engine, with a lot less vibration and noise. We got the R design version for the tighter handling and steering, plus the design elements which make the car look better. It handles quite well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo XC60 Suv in VA is:

$110 per month*