Used 2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Best Car I've ever owned
By volvo_owner1

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

What I like best about this car (after all the serious stuff like safety and reliability) is the Adaptive Cruise Control. How did I ever live without this feature? I've owned my Volvo for a year and am extremely happy with the vehicle

Adaptive Cruise Control

My only complaint: the GPS. The GPS is so bad I don't use it. Glad I kept my old Garmin. Any GPS which uses a remote control was not mean for a vehicle.

best ever
By volvolove

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Having abandoned leasing I had done for many years and retiring, I decided to buy. Having looked at the Audi, BMW, and Volvo reviews for a fast SUV, I tried and then bought a Xc60. It is the best car I have driven in 54 years. Second was an Audi S4 I had many years ago. The Volvo handles almost as well-the Audi was shorter and and lower, a sports car in disguise. But the Volvo handles so well in much greater comfort (Is this a function of age?), and elegance and relative silence that I cannot imagine a better bargain. It comes near enough to the Audi in turning corners that I was amazed, given its weight and height. The interior defines simple elegance. Perfect for over 40s.

Pickup, speed, comfort, and elegance!!

The one thing I do seriously miss is a 5 CD changer. MP3 is degraded sound, especially for those who appreciate great music. And, the better sound system comes as part of a larger package of unrelated and unwonted items!!

Stealth performance and style
By myob

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is our first "crossover". After years of sport sedan driving we wanted more space for things and a higher driving position for traffic. The engine is super smooth, it is quieter inside and smoother riding (even with R design) than previous Infiniti and BMW vehicles we've had. The interior looks great in two-tone leather, ergonomics are fine, and at the present it is rated the most reliable of the European brands. The 5 year warranty and free maintenance, including wear items(execept tires) is a plus. Safety is unequaled. I am not thrilled with the lack of steering feel, but the vehicle will take fast corners and sticks to the roadexcellently. Plenty of room for us.

Smooth turbo power, car-like handling and grip, interior styling, 5 year full warranty and service, safety, utility, well equipped, perfect reliability so far, excellent dealer service and low key approach. Definitely a step up from non-R design in terms of styling and handling. The finishing touches in the package transform it for a modest upgrade in price.

Better steering feel, improve low speed transmission programming/pedal interaction, it either moves out slowly or if you press the pedal more, it gooses it and really moves, availability of R-design w/o so many options stuck on it and in more colors. We had to pick white because a red would have $5,000 extra of options even bringing them in from out-of-state.

Best car I have ever owned
By glennzwif

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Hands down this is the best car that I have ever owned. From the day I drove it off the lot, I haven't had one complaint (which is rare!). It hugs the road even in our snowy New Hampshire winter, has made it easily through the slippery mountains of Vermont when others couldn't, and last weekend we drove it to Quebec in a blizzard and it handled great. My husband is a pretty big guy (6'4" and about 240) and he is extremely comfortable. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Love the integrated phone feature that allows me to be hands-free; iPOD hook up is great...handles like a dream in bad weather....oversized sunroof is fantastic

The design of the "secret compartment" under the dash is a little funky....seems like wasted space, can't really find a use for it....a couple USB ports woudl be great. Gas mileage could be better - though it's still nothing that I would complain about.

Buy It!
By brew_daddy_27

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove and compared with the BMW X5, Audi Q5 and the Infiniti. Infiniti was tossed when I saw the size in person. Size matters! The only plus to the BMW was that I could add a third row of seating. The bad about both the BMW and the Audi was the price tag and what you get for that tag. The Volvo destroyed both in the safety department. I went with the T6 for the extra handling and body design. The curbside appeal of the T6 easily competes with the Audi (in my opinion wins). The end result is this, I have friend that purchased a loaded Q5 and another that purchased half loaded X5. Both are jealous of my loaded XC60. Not just the looks but the price tag was made them both weep.

I took the Factory delivery trip to Sweeden and then road tripped it down though Sweeden into Denmark, and down Germany back to Kaiserslautern. The Delivery was the best car experience I have ever had. Getting to know my car on an immediate road trip was even better. I have all the bells and wistles except the BLIS system which I was told it still has its little problems. But between the lane departure and auto speed control I could sit back, relax, and enjoy the drive. Comfort was noticed and talked about by both my wife and myself throughout the trip and now my kids talk about it all the time (9 and 13). My favorite feature is the whole car. If you have the wallet for this class... XC60!

After three months you always start wanting more. Not true here if you get it completely loaded. I love knowing that I am walking to get into my car. I love driving it in Germany where there are no speed limits and where I can hug turns and feel like I am in a big sports car. I also own a mini and although the XC60 feels heavier around turns the T6 chasis and the Volvo 4-wheel drive adjusts and gets rid of that total SUV feeling. I could write all day about how much I love this car and the everyday experience but I only get so many letters in this review. Last... if you are US military overseas... do yourself a huge favor and go price a Volvo today!