2011 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
A reliable car that I want to like more than I do
By mihali129 on 11/21/13 13:13 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased this car beginning in 2011 and it seemed like a perfect match for me. I wanted an SUV as I need to get to work in even the worst weather conditions. This is my first Swedish car after years of driving German and Japanese makes. The ride itself is firm. The acceleration is excellent with the T6. The XC60's only driving quirk that bothers me is that it has a very peculiar tight turn radius. That's fine if you want to make a U-turn in tight space but it actually takes care not to over-steer when parking. The seats are remarkably comfortable in front and back and that cargo space is good. The electronics and build quality of interior materials leave something to be desired.

Great llittle SUV....I stress 'little'
By bhelgesen on 06/23/12 04:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall, this car is a pleasure to drive. With the T6 and AWD it can be a blast. This is my wife's car and she drives it like a soccer mom but when I run out in it, it becomes an animal and is worthy of any road or traffic condition. We came out of two minivans so maybe my expectations were low. For what it's worth, we put our 18 yr old in a 10 year old s40 for safety.

Perfect Car; Perfect Buy
By aaa20 on 08/03/11 12:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is amazing. I love it. Better value than Q5, FX 35, and RX 350 (though those are good choices). I recommend the Volvo overseas delivery program because I got a great vehicle, met the people who made it, and got a great vacation to Sweden. My next purchase will likely be another Volvo.

Very happy with the car...
By jc12171 on 05/18/11 10:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Looking for a small-mid sized SUV after my Altima lease, consider and test drove Audi Q5 and BMW X3--both nice SUVs, but don't like the front grill in Audi and cheap looking front light on BMW. XC60 definitely is the best looking of all three. Plus better equipped and 5 yr free maintance, so went for Volvo. So far everything has been meeting my expectations. Very smooth and nimble handling with T6 engine. Comfortable seats, very little engine noise on highway. After 1000 miles, gas mileage has been better than advertised.

What a great vehicle
By fabdog on 05/13/11 10:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Moving out of a Lexus IS, needed more room. Looked at Lexus, Audi, BMW, Ford. Went with the Volvo. Sharp looking vehicle, AWD, great ground clearance. Drives very nicely, very comfortable front and back seats, lots of cargo room. Have most of the bells and whistles (NAV, backup camera, sound system) and they are very nice. Wife and kids love it. After 1500 miles am getting 21.5 to 22.5 MPG in mixed city/highway driving. Haven't had a chance to test it out in winter conditions, counting on the Volvo pedigree there

Happy Volvo XC60 Owner
By thecount26 on 05/08/11 17:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

When buying this car, I had also seriously considered and test drove the Audi Q5 and BMW X3. While all nice vehicles, I felt the Volvo had the best balance of performance, utility, and price. And it simply projects more attitude than the Audi and BMW. After 1500 miles, I have been very happy. Acceleration and handling are great for a crossover, and the car feels so solid and secure when driving. Also, interior comfort is top notch---I had heard good things about Volvo seats, and a recent 6 hour drive proved to me how comfortable the XC60 seats are.

Great Handing
By jsandek1 on 04/22/11 15:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Prior experience is 2004 XC70 which still have but the XC60 is so much better. Options are navi-audio/cold weather package/metallic paint. Would have liked homelink but not willing to pay for the unnecessary items in convenience package. Getting ~20 mpg with mix of driving (first 500 miles). Car is great in high speed sweepers-very stable. Quiet on highway. Baltic Blue/Black. Surprised how zippy considering it's 2 tons

Best car in my 30 years of driving!
By greatjohndini on 04/20/11 22:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I created an account just to review this car for anyone on the fence or evaluating cars in this class. I traded in my Infiniti EX35 for this car and I will never look back. Audi Q5 looked boring and audi/vw has a lot of issues. BMW X3 too small-image of driving a beemer:( And weird styling. Lexus.-comfortable but boring. Infinti.Was good but WAY too small and was not aging well after less than a year. And it felt -light?- VOLVO XC60. Totally solid car. I held back on it before because the audio/nav in the 09-10 was an absolute JOKE..but the 2011 version is great! Perfect! European. Safe. Best looking of the bunch. And 5/60 maintenance on everything but the tires! In love w/ driving again!

Wow...and we thought the XC 70 was great!
By rd940 on 01/09/11 18:13 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We took our XC 70 in for service and while waiting decided to test drive the XC 60...wow what a vehicle! Needless to say, the XC 60 came home with us. The XC 60 is a little smaller than the XC 70 but not enough to make a difference. Now after 500 miles we can honestly say that we are completely pleased with its styling, engine performance, handling, refinement overall fit and finish. Ours had a sticker price of $42,700 and we paid $38,600. (Includes the $1000 owner loyalty discount and the Costco discount) With a mixture of highway and city driving we are getting 20 MPG.

Bottom Line-opportunity and wife's opinion on looks of the XC60.
By kk1969 on 01/09/11 05:59 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Was deciding between a '10 XC60 and '09 BMW X3-both slightly used and great prices. Used comparison tools to look at space, residual value, warranties, gas mileage, standard features, etc. Save some $$ and get your own aftermarket NAV/DVD systems Hope this helps somebody...don't think you can go wrong with this car! Most luxurious I've ever owned and a pleasure to drive! Virtually no road noise!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$110 per month*