2011 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Go for a long test drive
By missi4 on 03/23/13 05:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After a week of driving the XC60, I noticed a problem with the transmission, a hesitation when accelerating from a complete stop/speeding up to pass etc. Like driving manual transmission in the wrong gear. Took it for service repetedly. Volvo wouldn't admit a problem and told me to use premium fuel. One mechanic said it's a 5000lb car you have to gun it (!!). Finally they said they knew what was wrong and to wait for a software update, that took 6 months. It helped but the problem was still there. Volvo went back to saying there was nothing wrong with the car. After a year, I had had it and asked how much they would give me for the car to end this, Carmax gave me more. The GPS stinks too.

Slick Ride with Great MPG
By newjersey2 on 08/07/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Switched from Highlander and have been pleasantly surprised. Averaging 25 mpg in town and on highway by driving sensibly. Outstanding sound system with the NAV package. Not a whole lot of leg room in backseat, but front passenger seat folds down to tote large loads (10ft 2 bys). Not a super amount of off the line grunt, but cruises effortlessly at 80. Only complaint thus far is really dumb key start thingamajig. You can pull out the key and leave the car running inadvertantly, also you can leave accessories running without knowing it. Huh? What is Volvo thinking?

Satisfied Owner
By rkurlander on 03/22/11 06:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

AWD, Premium, Sensus, Multimedia, Convenience, PCC. With 2,000 miles I give the Volvo XC60 an A-. Vehicle is very solid with excellent build quality. Performance with the 3.2 engine is good. There is no reason to spend extra for the turbo unless the "rush" is important. MPH is better than advertised with 20 city and 26.5 highway. Pirelli tires are excellent.

Completely Satisfied
By shulmands131 on 03/21/11 12:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 (With Sensus) XC60 last month, and so far have been very satisfied. I got the base model with Premium Pkg and Multimedia Pkg. Only problem so far is the center channel speaker in the dash (only in multimedia pkg) rattles a bit at certain volumes/frequencies, but the dealership said they'd see if they can pad it some when I get time to drive over there. This is my 3rd Volvo and I love it!

AMAZZZZIIINNNGGGGG
By cheoto on 02/12/11 19:52 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Awesome, nic looking excelllent performance n dry, wet and snow weather. extremelly stable, 5 years no payments in service a lot of space, great seats and extemelly safe. FUNNNNNN to drive .....absolutly nothing to complain and to much to enjoy. Quality volvo, nice interior totaly different that other cars and i like it. Nice music system, phone connecion, and Ipod connection.... Just i am enjoing this car a lot. Even that i try to be green, with my second car being a Prius, i can not resist to drive the Xc60 instead of the prius. I known the dark side, but is an excellent car.

3.2 non-turbo with AWD is fantastic all-around
By adamwrites on 01/26/11 13:50 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is, hands down, the most luxurious, comfortable, enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned (prior cars include: 08 BMW X3, 04 Acura TL, 99 BMW 3 Series sedan). Compared it to the latest Acura RDX, BMW X3, a few others. Great seats, handles great in the snow, lots of passenger and cargo space. Chose the naturally aspirated 6 and there's plenty of power without the turbo (tested both passing uphill on Rt. 280 near Livingston, NJ, those who have driven it can appreciate the statement). Love that it is a PZEV and AWD, and I expect better mileage sans turbo. Note: I picked the car up only a few days ago -- so my choice of 5 for reliability is what I'm hoping rather than what I've experienced.

Great car for the money
By Volvo Xman on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The Volvo XC60 is a great vehicle for anyone wanting to purchase in the "realm" of the luxury market. Although the price tag is easier to stomach than Mercedes, Audi, and BMW many of the luxury features you want are delivered, such as plush leather, bluetooth, premium ride. At 100mph the XC60 shows off its stability. "Smooth ride". There is plenty of cargo space, leg and head room, but the electronics such as Navigation system and radio display could be updated. Still a great car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$114 per month*