2011 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
A reliable car that I want to like more than I do
By mihali129 on 11/21/13 13:13 PM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased this car beginning in 2011 and it seemed like a perfect match for me. I wanted an SUV as I need to get to work in even the worst weather conditions. This is my first Swedish car after years of driving German and Japanese makes. The ride itself is firm. The acceleration is excellent with the T6. The XC60's only driving quirk that bothers me is that it has a very peculiar tight turn radius. That's fine if you want to make a U-turn in tight space but it actually takes care not to over-steer when parking. The seats are remarkably comfortable in front and back and that cargo space is good. The electronics and build quality of interior materials leave something to be desired.

Go for a long test drive
By missi4 on 03/23/13 05:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After a week of driving the XC60, I noticed a problem with the transmission, a hesitation when accelerating from a complete stop/speeding up to pass etc. Like driving manual transmission in the wrong gear. Took it for service repetedly. Volvo wouldn't admit a problem and told me to use premium fuel. One mechanic said it's a 5000lb car you have to gun it (!!). Finally they said they knew what was wrong and to wait for a software update, that took 6 months. It helped but the problem was still there. Volvo went back to saying there was nothing wrong with the car. After a year, I had had it and asked how much they would give me for the car to end this, Carmax gave me more. The GPS stinks too.

Great llittle SUV....I stress 'little'
By bhelgesen on 06/23/12 04:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall, this car is a pleasure to drive. With the T6 and AWD it can be a blast. This is my wife's car and she drives it like a soccer mom but when I run out in it, it becomes an animal and is worthy of any road or traffic condition. We came out of two minivans so maybe my expectations were low. For what it's worth, we put our 18 yr old in a 10 year old s40 for safety.

Best Car I've ever owned
By volvo_owner1 on 11/24/11 06:22 AM (PST)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

What I like best about this car (after all the serious stuff like safety and reliability) is the Adaptive Cruise Control. How did I ever live without this feature? I've owned my Volvo for a year and am extremely happy with the vehicle

Volvo got it right!
By george167 on 10/03/11 15:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 R-Design 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 4th volvo. This is the best yet. The R-design interior/exterior trim accentuate the beauty of this vehicle. The 20" wheels are a surprise in handling and comfort. City safety, climate, nav, media, tech, and bliss packages w/satelite radio and remote keyless entry... all contribute to an excellent driving experience. 6 mos. /10,000+ miles to date and expect over 200k like my others. Volvo has come of age with this model. Solid, beautiful (R-design a must) and full of amenities. I can go on and on. Perfect SoCal freeway vehicle (with surf racks for the beach), especialy with adaptive cruise control, blind spot info system and collision warning. Only superlatives.

Slick Ride with Great MPG
By newjersey2 on 08/07/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Switched from Highlander and have been pleasantly surprised. Averaging 25 mpg in town and on highway by driving sensibly. Outstanding sound system with the NAV package. Not a whole lot of leg room in backseat, but front passenger seat folds down to tote large loads (10ft 2 bys). Not a super amount of off the line grunt, but cruises effortlessly at 80. Only complaint thus far is really dumb key start thingamajig. You can pull out the key and leave the car running inadvertantly, also you can leave accessories running without knowing it. Huh? What is Volvo thinking?

Perfect Car; Perfect Buy
By aaa20 on 08/03/11 12:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is amazing. I love it. Better value than Q5, FX 35, and RX 350 (though those are good choices). I recommend the Volvo overseas delivery program because I got a great vehicle, met the people who made it, and got a great vacation to Sweden. My next purchase will likely be another Volvo.

best ever
By volvolove on 06/09/11 11:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Having abandoned leasing I had done for many years and retiring, I decided to buy. Having looked at the Audi, BMW, and Volvo reviews for a fast SUV, I tried and then bought a Xc60. It is the best car I have driven in 54 years. Second was an Audi S4 I had many years ago. The Volvo handles almost as well-the Audi was shorter and and lower, a sports car in disguise. But the Volvo handles so well in much greater comfort (Is this a function of age?), and elegance and relative silence that I cannot imagine a better bargain. It comes near enough to the Audi in turning corners that I was amazed, given its weight and height. The interior defines simple elegance. Perfect for over 40s.

Very happy with the car...
By jc12171 on 05/18/11 10:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Looking for a small-mid sized SUV after my Altima lease, consider and test drove Audi Q5 and BMW X3--both nice SUVs, but don't like the front grill in Audi and cheap looking front light on BMW. XC60 definitely is the best looking of all three. Plus better equipped and 5 yr free maintance, so went for Volvo. So far everything has been meeting my expectations. Very smooth and nimble handling with T6 engine. Comfortable seats, very little engine noise on highway. After 1000 miles, gas mileage has been better than advertised.

What a great vehicle
By fabdog on 05/13/11 10:57 AM (PDT)

2011 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Moving out of a Lexus IS, needed more room. Looked at Lexus, Audi, BMW, Ford. Went with the Volvo. Sharp looking vehicle, AWD, great ground clearance. Drives very nicely, very comfortable front and back seats, lots of cargo room. Have most of the bells and whistles (NAV, backup camera, sound system) and they are very nice. Wife and kids love it. After 1500 miles am getting 21.5 to 22.5 MPG in mixed city/highway driving. Haven't had a chance to test it out in winter conditions, counting on the Volvo pedigree there

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volvo XC60 in NJ is:

$246 per month*