2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Review: XC 60: My favorite Volvo yet!

2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Review

XC 60: My favorite Volvo yet!
By L Devoe on

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Between my wife and myself we have owned 10 Volvos and consider ourselves Volvo for Life customers. Besides the obvious reputation for safety, Volvos have continued to improve their reliability, looks, and amenities over the years. The XC60 is the first Volvo SUV that I have purchased for myself. It is also the most comfortable Volvo that I have ever driven. I was impressed with the build quality, its pep on the road, and the new features such as blind spot alerts (BLIS) and rear view camera for backing up. The mileage is better than I expected with the 3.2L engine and the interior is dead quiet on the highway.

Its height is my favorite feature. I don't have to go into contortions to get in and out. I also like the excellent sound system and satellite radio. While I didn't get it for the cargo capacity, it has turned out to be a great long weekend trip car as well.

The navigation system cannot compare with the Nuvi that we have in our other Volvo. It is clunky and the controls on the rear of the steering wheel. What were the engineers thinking? Since it came with the premium sound package, I didn't have the option to chuck it. Please make it better.