2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Review: Volvo Headed Back to Greatness

2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Review

T6 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Volvo Headed Back to Greatness
By Michael Brown on

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

As the past owner of 3 Volvo, I can tell you that I switched brands because my last Volvo was a disappointment. After lots of nudging, my wife convinced me to look to Volvo as a replacement vehicle for her wonderful BMW 530i which had come to the end of its lease. We need an SUV type vehicle and the X3 was not satisfactory and the X5 was too big. The XC60 was perfect. It drives incredibly well (a smidge better then the Audi Q5). It has buckets of power and torque and stops well. Coming over a twisty hill at a good clip with an unexpected major drop, my wife was able to control the vehicle easily and there was no loss of grip or direction. That one maneuver closed the deal for us!!

Power, grip, handling,interior comfort and design. It is not your typical boxy looking trucklette.

A space on the console to put my cell phone and sun glasses. More color choices for both the interior and exterior. The new City Safety feature needs a better system to warn you. It should alert you without annoying you, which makes one turn it off.