Owned for 2 years, mixed bag
By vmerch on
2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
I bought a 3.2 AWD new 2 years ago and drove it 26K miles. Towards the end it was a rattletrap. It was so bad that the dealership said that finding where it was coming from behind the dashboard could cause even worse rattles putting it back together. The loose rattles in the tailgate never were fixed from day one. The transmitter in the hatch was loose from the factory. The dealer broke 7 out of the 10 retaining clips "fixing" it. Popping noise in the driver's seat never fixed. Both Bliss cameras were replaced in 2 years. The power steering reservoir/lines were replaced after steering effort was erratic. Great to look at, but not that comfortable on the inside. Overall, quality was horrible.
Favorite Features
Highway mileage usually in low to mid 20s on regular gas. Great styling.
Suggested Improvements
I hope that post 2010 Volvos had better quality control. The 2 different dealerships could have resolved many of the issues if they actually tried. They were indifferent at best. After I hit one year, the dealership said that rattles (aka as adjustments) would no longer be made and that I had to pay $125/hr labor for them to try to "fix" it. This was after they acknowledged serious rattles but could never resolve them. I will never buy another Volvo.