2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Review: One Month In, Love It

2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Review

One Month In, Love It
By Elmo on

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had my T6 XC60 for a month now and absolutely love it. Traded up from a T5 XC70 and it is night and day different in terms of comfort, performance, gadgets and head turn. Even my wife loves it and she's pretty neutral about cars. The XC60 is more roomy for front and rear seat passengers, has a much more comfortable ride, and the T6 is a lot of fun. Even the handling is good for a "crossover" vehicle. Not top heavy and mushy like some other higher ends we drove. Knock wood, none of the initial build quality issues noted here (yet) in fact, no issues at all to date. We are very excited about it and love out new XC60.

Favorite Features

Personal car communicator is a neat option. I didn't set out to buy but it was already installed on the XC60 I ended up buying. Very convenient. Also love the BLIS. Favorite feature is the power rear gate that comes with the convenience package. Also very convenient with groceries, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously, I wish the gas mileage was a bit better. Running about 19 on regular unleaded. Hoping to see the improvement to 21 others have commented on. But it is regular unleaded vs. the premium for the XC70. That makes a big difference mentally if not financially.