2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Review: Near Perfect For What It Is

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV - Consumer Review

Near Perfect For What It Is
By Steve R on

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It was a close, but the XC60 got me. The X3 is too dated. The GLK's back seat is too cramped for adults-if human. The RX350 has just about everything. Except inspiration. Life is too short to live like that. So it came down to the Q5 and XC60. The face, rear, skin, and interior chest of the Q still make me wonder if I picked the right mate. But its brains came out of the shop as iDrive, and the plastics used made me feel like its beauty may be skin deep. The Swede caught my eye too, though in a different language. She wrapped her 2-tone arms around me. Had a firm, smooth ride. Stirred me with her strength and agility. And made me feel like she'd carry my child in safety. She's the one.

BLIS. Integrated booster seats. Push-button tailgate. AWD and ground clearance. (Goodbye BMW 330i, with love). Grocery bag holder. Why? Because I never had them before, and the #s were reasonable. To get BLIS on the Q5 (and the keyless start), you have to spend $7K-8K more than you do on the XC60.

Two issues. 1: The moonroof makes too much noise at higher speeds. 2: The phone button on the steering wheel won't activate Bluetooth if you're listening to the radio unless you first hit a button on the center console. Neither issue bothers me that much, but they're fixable, so why not fix them.