2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Review: Hopefully Brighter Future

2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Review

Hopefully Brighter Future
By bg on

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We have this as a replacement for an RDX. The ride in that was so harsh that it was almost unbearable. This has been the polar opposite. Though the power steering pump was gone after 17 miles (!) the vehicle has a feeling of high quality. I also ran into great difficulties after having ordered a loaded-sans BLIS car, and realizing that every website known to man had incorrectly labeled power-folding mirrors as standard (I need them for my garage), which is not the case. I went to the dealer who went to the ends of the earth to try to change my order, but it couldn't be done. The dealer found another one with BLIS which we got, though it didn't have nav. I believe Volvo has changed their site

It is library-quiet, and has a very good ride trade-off. Barents Blue is also amazing. All of the buttons and switches have a very high-quality damped feel to them as well. The pano roof is good for city driving, though is VERY noisy at 40+, even in tilt, so it is useful only as a skylight.

DRLs involve all lights with only mildly-dimmed headlights, which robs fuel. On a more major note, with 17 miles on the odometer, a new power steering pump was needed. The dealer fixed it before (though greatly prolonging) delivery. The car is also immune to mild hypermiling, which is annoying.