2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Constantly in the shop
By EX-Volvo on 06/11/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've "owned" my XC60 for 1 month - half the time its been in the shop. Dealership tells me they're "working on it" - at this point, I've been paying my lease for a car that I cannot drive. Worst part of this experience - little remorse expressed by dealership, no attempt to take the car back. Dealership tells me that its up to corporate which I found out was a lie (according to corporate). Don't buy this car. Very questionable business practices. Embarrassingly poor customer service

Great Family/Fun Car
By pblax8 on 06/04/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned volvos most of my life and this is by far the most stylish inside and out. The handling and engine responsiveness are outstanding for a 4200lb vehicle and far better than the BMW X3 or Mercedes GLK which I also considered purchasing. I have 4 kids and wanted the safest car possible w/o buying a tank. Volvo claims its the safest car they've made, that says a lot by itself as Volvos are known as very safe cars.

2010 XC60
By Deborah Gura on 05/29/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2010 Volvo XC 60 is a fabulous SUV - I am very satisified with my purchase. It is fun to drive - the turbo engine accelerates nicely. It has a stylish exterior and interior. Very comfortable seats. I purchased with the BLIS - blind spot system - I don't know how I lived without this feature on previous cars. Extremely comfortable seats - plenty of leg room and the panoramic moon roof is tinted so it allows light without making the car too hot.

Hopefully Brighter Future
By bg on 05/23/09 20:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We have this as a replacement for an RDX. The ride in that was so harsh that it was almost unbearable. This has been the polar opposite. Though the power steering pump was gone after 17 miles (!) the vehicle has a feeling of high quality. I also ran into great difficulties after having ordered a loaded-sans BLIS car, and realizing that every website known to man had incorrectly labeled power-folding mirrors as standard (I need them for my garage), which is not the case. I went to the dealer who went to the ends of the earth to try to change my order, but it couldn't be done. The dealer found another one with BLIS which we got, though it didn't have nav. I believe Volvo has changed their site

Great so far
By Max on 05/19/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I am completely happy with the xc60 so far. Both the exterior and interior styling are great and the ride quality is nice. I have encountered a few minor quirks which I hope will fix themselves (the doors didn't lock once when I started moving, the optional collision warning sounded once when there was no one near me, and a little piece of plastic fell off the tailgate that I simply had to pop back on). Other than those very minor problems, I love the car and am completely happy with the purchase.

Impressed so far . . .
By MaxLoad on 05/11/09 11:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It's only been a couple of days since I took ownership of the XC60, but I'm extremely satisfied so far. The car has good pick-up, a nice ride, and pretty decent handling. The biggest drawback so far is the navigation system.

Volvo Bravo!!
By Jerry W on 05/04/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had it for a week. A blast to drive - nicely weighted steering, peppy acceleration, and firm (but not harsh) ride over horrible pothole-filled roads in Michigan. Sandstone beige interior and dual tone dash convey luxury feel to it. Panoramic sunroof is magnificent (a free upgrade too). Unique City Safety (although haven't got the guts to test it yet) and long list of Volvo's safety features are all good. Very satisfied with the purchase!!

Volvo Headed Back to Greatness
By Michael Brown on 04/26/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

As the past owner of 3 Volvo, I can tell you that I switched brands because my last Volvo was a disappointment. After lots of nudging, my wife convinced me to look to Volvo as a replacement vehicle for her wonderful BMW 530i which had come to the end of its lease. We need an SUV type vehicle and the X3 was not satisfactory and the X5 was too big. The XC60 was perfect. It drives incredibly well (a smidge better then the Audi Q5). It has buckets of power and torque and stops well. Coming over a twisty hill at a good clip with an unexpected major drop, my wife was able to control the vehicle easily and there was no loss of grip or direction. That one maneuver closed the deal for us!!

3 weeks and counting...
By coachrick on 04/19/09 20:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We are about three weeks and 600 miles into enjoying our new XC 60. We traded an 07 XC 70 so some comparisons may be in order. This vehicle has a much smoother power band than the XC 70 had...VERY powerful at low RPM and very smooth and quiet. Ride is very tight and smooth, not cushy but actually similar to our '08 C 70...fairly tight cornering, some feedback from dips and rises in the roadway. Haven't been over 80 yet but freeway speeds are effortless. Even somewhat loaded, this wagon has plenty of low-end grunt. The wagon we traded was plenty capable...the XC 60 is all that...and more refined. The bells and whistles... Nav, Blis, City Safety, etc deserve their own review--to follow.

Great car
By Ned Curran on 04/07/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It is perfect, nearly. The steering is good. There is little roll. It is very comfortable. The fuel economy is the only bad thing about it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$109 per month*