Used 2010 Volvo XC60 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Smooth operator
By Slobo Todorovic

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car (AWD 3.2L) rides extremely smoothly and feels great in city and highway driving. Even though Volvo is known for making comfortable cars, this model has probably best combination of suspension, tires and seats. It is extremely comfortable and quiet. Base engine has enough power and it is fun to drive in snow and in mountains. Base sound system and blue tooth are excellent. We did not get model with factory- installed navigation system but any aftermarket system can be nicely mounted on dash. We enjoy this car very much after owning it for 6 months (8 k miles)and would recommend it. It has nicer exterior lines than any other Volvo and is very comfortable for whole family.

comfortable seats, panoramic skylight, blue tooth, stereo sound, power gate opener

Hybrid version of this model would be very attractive. We get about 18 mpg in city and 24 mpg on hwy.

BLIS and More
By XC

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Six trips to repair BLIS - the last to have new software downloaded and was told it was fixed. It was on in my driveway...it was on in an empty parking lot while I was in Park. Still not fixed. Just had the rack and pinion steering replaced. Did I mention the car has less than 10,000 miles on it, is 4 months old and I bought it with 4500 dealer miles on it? Volvo just offered me a new replacement vehicle, but I want out completely and have lemon law arbitration in about a week. The vehicle is a bust and so is the dealership.

Try it and you will buy it !!
By CT Driver

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in a automobile accident and got a settlement that allowed me to get anything I wanted, For the first and last time in my life,price really wasn't an obstacle. I wanted a comfortable vehicle that had easy entry and exit and one that I felt safe in . The Mercedes E-class was "underwhelming",not nearly worth the money (I had owned a 1962 220 SB that felt like it was carved from a ingot of iron,new one, no way).The Audi Q5 was real nice,but the MMI controls and requirement for high test gas were a turn off.Cadillac,Lincoln,Lexus(salesman wouldn't even come over),Ditto for Infiniti. Plus they just didn't feel right.Test drove the XC60 and -wow. I had found my car.

The feeling of solidity is very impressive. I needed the backup camera from the accident and really like it. I am on my feet all day ,but when I sit in the Volvo seats ,it's just-AAHH.Excellent car for long trips .Didn't think I would but love the adaptive cruise control and rain sensitive wipers,

I'd trade now for a diesel. My previous car was a 96 VW Passat.You get real used to 45 mpg in the city,but my T6 gets around 20-22MPG city-26-27 highway.I just smile now when I drive my car. 2 hour drive are nothing in this.

Great
By Farrell

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

No problems so far. Very comfortable to drive. Very smooth handling on my daily work commutes. Only complaint would be the gas mileage, currently around 18mpg, but still feels as if I am constantly refilling tank.

Comfortable seating both front and back. Great storage space in back.

Needs to improve gas mileage. Maybe hybrid would help?

Sweet Ride
By RJ

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my XC-60, 3.2, premium/climate for 2 months, it is awesome. Sporty yet super comfortbale interior and an overall quality product.

Styling, interior, portable nav.

fuel economy could be better.