2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Overall Happy
By xcreddy on 10/04/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Have driven for a week. Overall happy with the purchase. 32,900 w/ metallic paint and premium package/sunroof. Smooth ride, quiet. Could use a few more hps as tranny has to shift often. Design is nice. Interior is luxurious though there are a few shortcuts (cheap plastic interior door pull)

Factory pickup
By uncleo on 10/04/09 05:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We just returned from picking up our XC60 at the factory. What a wonderful experience. We were treated royally and toured the factory. We then took the Volvo and drove in Scandinavia. We drove super-highways, cities, narrow mountain roads, rough roads and smooth ones. The XC60 performed superbly! The safety systems are wonderful. The handling on winding roads is stable and comfortable. The car is quiet and responsive. We drove in snow flurries without any problem. Of course, at nearly $10 per gallon for gasoline a bit more economy would be nice. We anxiously await the stateside delivery.

One Month In, Love It
By Elmo on 09/09/09 09:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had my T6 XC60 for a month now and absolutely love it. Traded up from a T5 XC70 and it is night and day different in terms of comfort, performance, gadgets and head turn. Even my wife loves it and she's pretty neutral about cars. The XC60 is more roomy for front and rear seat passengers, has a much more comfortable ride, and the T6 is a lot of fun. Even the handling is good for a "crossover" vehicle. Not top heavy and mushy like some other higher ends we drove. Knock wood, none of the initial build quality issues noted here (yet) in fact, no issues at all to date. We are very excited about it and love out new XC60.

Volvo Bravo 2
By Jerry W on 08/25/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is an update of my previous review in May 2009. I've had the vehicle for 4 months and over 4,000 miles now. Although the observed fuel economy started out low (18-19 mpg), it has since improved to 20-21 mpg in a mix of highway and city driving, using regular grade gasoline. For an AWD vehicle, this is actually quite good! In this review, I have given the fuel economy a 9 (previously given an 8).

XC60 became inoperable 2 wks post purch.
By mhollowell on 08/04/09 07:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm in the same boat as EX-Volvo (reviewed 6/11/09). I drove my XC60 for two weeks when it broke down, showing a transmission problem. Today makes 8 days since it broke, and I still do not have my car back (nor do I want it back, really). I've been passed from the dealership to corporate and back a handful of times and am still waiting on some resolution. Volvo says that the valve body needs to be replaced and that my car is not the first that has had this same issue. Make sure to ask about this before you purchase.

Great Car
By nhdriver on 08/02/09 13:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Took overseas delivery option and drove the car 800 miles in 5 days all over Sweden. We averaged 22 miles per gal. driving on highways, backroads, and city. The ride was smooth and very comfortable. The BLIS feature and the distance sensoring cruise control were great for unfamiliar roads and drivers. Love the push button lock and folding side view mirrors. The navigation control takes some getting used to, but it worked great in taking us around road construction in real time. Can't wait for it to be delivered state side.

First Month
By 1stTimeOwner on 07/06/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We are staring a family and purchased the XC60 because we wanted a SUV that was safe, reliable, and professional looking. We considered several SUVs including the X5/X3, Tiguan, and XC90. The XC90, XC60, and X5 were the finalists. We choose the XC60 because of its size and agility, styling, and uniqueness. Reliability is a concern and we have noticed some minor build defects. Fuel economy is lower than expected (14mpg), and the rear seat barely accommodates our child seat. Wind noise at high speeds is louder than expected. Driving the XC60 is pleasurable and we are satisfied with our purchase overall. We have received compliments from other drivers and envious stares from XC90 owners.

This Is The SUV For You
By Bob on 06/30/09 20:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The XC 60 is by far the best car I have driven and/or owned in my 40 years of driving. I did a great deal of research on it prior to its release date and it has exceeded my expectations. I traded in a fully loaded Highlander for this car and I am glad I did. It is a much better vehicle than the Highlander, which I liked. The XC 60 drives and handles very well; extremely powerful on the highway.

Awsome Crossover Kudos Volvo
By Alex on 06/16/09 07:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this XC 60 to replace a gas hog truck. It has been awsome to drive, I am really impressed with the craftsmanship by Volvo.

Near Perfect For What It Is
By Steve R on 06/14/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It was a close, but the XC60 got me. The X3 is too dated. The GLK's back seat is too cramped for adults-if human. The RX350 has just about everything. Except inspiration. Life is too short to live like that. So it came down to the Q5 and XC60. The face, rear, skin, and interior chest of the Q still make me wonder if I picked the right mate. But its brains came out of the shop as iDrive, and the plastics used made me feel like its beauty may be skin deep. The Swede caught my eye too, though in a different language. She wrapped her 2-tone arms around me. Had a firm, smooth ride. Stirred me with her strength and agility. And made me feel like she'd carry my child in safety. She's the one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$109 per month*