2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Solid Quality Vehicle
By tekbis on 03/06/10 03:22 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First time Volvo owner and got our new XC60 T6 (loaded but no tech pckg - no dynaudio, LDW, CA, DAC & Nav)last wk & so far no issues & loving it. Read most reviews complaining abt gas mileage & while it's not best in class it has a lot of features better than competition & after moving from a minivan there's not a lot of difference is gas mileage anyway. We narrowed choice to XC60 or Audi Q5 and both were excellent CUVs. The diff was XC60 had best value vs Q5 for same price & the XC60 drove more like a car than Q5 which felt like our minivan (a bit truck-like). Also, Volvo's safety features w/c outmatched Audi in every aspect. Q5 looked bland while XC60 looked very sexy and elegant.

Best of 4 Volvo's
By Twilightlvr on 02/27/10 22:14 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is the 4th Volvo we've owned and it's the best one yet. We've had the car for over a month and love it. The fit and finish is very good, The sunroof is HUGE, the ride is perfect for a crossover SUV, and the optional AWD is not as intrusive as it was on the XC70. A nice feature is the fact that there are not many on the road, makes it feel exclusive.

Excellent Vehicle!
By RL on 02/04/10 06:44 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my XC60 after owning a 2001 and 2004 S60's and while I really enjoyed the S60’s (I did buy two of them) the XC60 is an enormously improved vehicle. The gas mileage is not great but let’s face it this is an SUV/crossover and I am pretty happy with the 18mpg I am getting in city driving (my S60 got only 21). Love the design interior and exterior, seats are improved over S60 (which is saying a lot), all controls improved, love the panoramic moon roof. Amazing vehicle! Absolutely no problems or complaints! Compared to other vehicles in the class the XC60 offeres the best value for the money by far... note even close to others.

Everything I thought it would be
By Mark on 01/31/10 16:22 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my XC60 for two months now and it has performed better than I expected. I had a S60R and was concerned I would miss the performance. While the T6 isn't the same as my R it is better than I expected it to be. The fuel economy is a little less than the S60R and could be better. There hasn't been one thing I would say was a disappointment,

Loving the XC60
By Rafael on 01/14/10 16:22 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First time Volvo buyer, and so far I love our new loaded XC60 T6, I did a lot of research and tested all it's competitors, my wife and I loved the design and well rounded design of the car. I was not sure about the navigation system on the car based on reviews, but I was happily surprised on the way it works, I actually think that the controls are better position on the steering wheel compared to a touch screen based navigation.

i love my Volvo XC60
By LA on 01/11/10 21:23 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

i love everything even nav if you think its hard then play with it then it will be easy after you familiarize yourself

XC 60 is a First Class Vehicle
By Ed Knodle on 01/06/10 11:43 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Our purchase of the xc60 was after 6 months of research and evaluation on practically every SUV from all manufacturers. This is our fourth Volvo in the past 20 years and we can say that the thought and attention to detail that goes into a Volvo is top notch. We traded in our ten year old S80 T6 for this car and the XC60 outshines the S80 in every respect, comfort, fit and finish, performance, and yes the mpg is comparable. MPG is a weakness but not disqualifying when compared to similar engine and drivetrain configurations. The 3.2 version improves the mpg but at the expense of power. In summary Volvo has come up with a winner.

Mixed Review
By vmerch on 01/05/10 16:48 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I added the optional Nuvi/Volvo navigation unit when I purchased the car. It looks great in the recessed dash space, but the dealership dented the center stack when installing. After getting the car back, I have had continued rattles in the back. I removed every possible part that could cause the noise and it still exists. Yesterday the BLIS on the passenger side stopped working. I cleaned the lense but it still blinks on/off and most of the time just stays on. It will be in the shop again this Friday. For 6 weeks of ownership it will have been out of service for 2. While I drove both the MB350 GLK and this car, I am beginning to regret my Volvo choice.

Really Cool Volvo
By teejay on 01/02/10 04:21 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our 12-year old S70 for the XC60 3.2L. We test drove several other crossover SUVs but none felt as well built, safe, comfortable, or luxurious as the XC60. This is our 5th Volvo. The S70 had no squeaks or strange noises and still looked great. We selected the Premier and Convenience packages. This car comes with all the other features that we wanted. The ride is smooth, quiet, and comfortable. The cargo area is roomy. When you set the power seat, it includes the side-view mirror settings as well. We chose the slate interior, which is really good looking with the brushed aluminum trim. We purchased the Environmental Protection package. Will not need wax for 7 years. Cool vehicle!

T6
By Greg on 12/21/09 15:32 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have T6 for 5 months. Replaced VW Passat 07 2.0T. Runs excellent, real fun to drive. Very comfortable. The worth thing is gas mileage. Not to bed on the highways (24-25mpg), absolutely poor in the city - never more then 12mpg, same super and regular gasoline. Comparing to Passat 2.0 - 25mpg in the city, 35mpg on the highways.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$109 per month*