Used 2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Volvo XC60 3.2 fwd
By JR

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this to replace my Pilot, with the intent to get much better gas mileage and better features. Gas mileage is a little disappointing, 16 in town, 23 on trips. Better than the Pilot, but not that much. Engine overall is average. Interior, ride, handling (much better than Pilot, which is a boat), electronic features all excellent. The main problem is that it's just a bit too small, miss the Pilot's space way more than I thought. Nice car but if I change my mind, I would. Ok for a small family, I guess. Beware of EPA estimates, they are a crock. No way this vehicle gets 27 highway if you go over 55. You get run over in Calif. if you do less than 70.

Favorite Features

Seats, controls, handling, steering, keyless ignition, back up radar, really nice leather. Nice looking too.

Suggested Improvements

Sliding rear seats so you can increase legroom. Just a little more torque, please. More aux outlets. Rear air controls.

XC60 T6 in a class of it's own
By Tdog86

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It was between the Lexus and XC60 and I went for the XC60 T6. I have about 9500 mi. on the car and I have no regrets with my decision. It's fun to drive and I haven't had any problems so far. Fits the kids comfortably in the back with the integrated booster and serves as an adequate backup family hauler when not using our XC90. Yes, we are now a complete Volvo faimly. I can't say enough about how safe these vehicles are and how safe I feel as a passenger or a driver. Now that Volvo is finally starting to get up to date on the electronics for the end user, that makes me like them even more.

Favorite Features

I just love the City Saftey feature functionality. Contrary to my wife's better judgment, I use it probably 80% of the time. It's just a safe feeling that I get from it when driving.

Suggested Improvements

More Power!! Better Fuel Econemey.. Keep going with the user Technology.

BLIS Problem
By Steve Auyer

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 3 trips to the dealer when they insisted the RH BLIS was working properly, I complained to VolvoCars USA in NJ. That got teir attention. The dealer kept the car for 2 days and finally diagnosed a failed RH BLIS camera. Their software showed no diagnostics so they insisted the camera was working properly. It was only after being pressured by VolvoCars USA that they took the time to find and repair the problem

Favorite Features

Turbo power when you need it.

No Regrets!
By ayang90

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It was between the Audi Q5 and XC60 and I went for the XC60. Have about 3500 mi. on the car and I have no regrets with my decision. It's fun to drive and I haven't had any problems so far. Fits three kids comfortably in the back with the integrated booster and serves as an adequate backup family hauler when not using our mini-van.

Favorite Features

Integrated boosters, park assist invaluable for getting in to a narrow garage. iPod and Blue tooth integration work well. City safety is neat but never experienced it yet!

Suggested Improvements

None.

I love my XC 60
By Rob

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was in love with the Volvo XC 60 since I first saw it at a secret test shoot in Reno a few years ago. From that moment, I wanted one (and I already owned the Volvo XC 90). I finally bought it a few months and and I absolutely love it. If I have any complaints---they are: 1. Gas Mileage is subpar (the car REALLY gets about 14 MPG in the city, and 21ish on the highway (and I have the smallest engine). 2. There's a bad blind spot looking out the back window. Other than that's, it's fantastic. And...don't buy their navigation system (I didn't). Buy a Garmin NUVI 3790(which is better)and have your autosound dealer install it and save $$. Other than that, I love this car and so will you

Favorite Features

I love the Styling. Fantastic!. The Bluetooth with the Sirius Radio is terrific.

Suggested Improvements

closer---I'd rather do it myself but I couldn't find a Volvo that didn't havI'd say fix the blind spot but it would get in the way of the looks of the car. I'm not a fan of the auto tailgate.. And...Volvo--there's got to be a way to make it more fuel efficient. The mileage is horrendous!