2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
XC60 T6 Review
By Paul on 06/02/10 08:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Compared; MB, BMW, Audi and Volvo. Owned MB, Lexus and Volvos (9th Volvo). Volvo best equipped for $$. Took delivery in Sweden. Excellent trip. 2500 miles on odo and mpg is running; 20 city, 22.5 combo and 24 highway. Turbo tip: taking it easy on the pedal will return decent mpg. T6 engine is smooth and the 6 speed trans shifts extremely well. The best riding and handling Volvo, for me, and of course the seats should be used as a industry standard for comfort and function. Did not purchase the nav system as Garmin is much easier to operate. I looked at the T6 R package but couldn't justify the extra $$ for what is included. The dealership calls to ensure I am happy. Bullet proof so far.

Best Buy!
By wmead3 on 05/19/10 17:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our XC60 a month ago, and it's been great. Driving is incredible, and comfort level is awesome. I may have to buy another Volvo because my wife doesn't give me permission to drive this one much. Great job Volvo!

Smooth operator
By Slobo Todorovic on 05/13/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car (AWD 3.2L) rides extremely smoothly and feels great in city and highway driving. Even though Volvo is known for making comfortable cars, this model has probably best combination of suspension, tires and seats. It is extremely comfortable and quiet. Base engine has enough power and it is fun to drive in snow and in mountains. Base sound system and blue tooth are excellent. We did not get model with factory- installed navigation system but any aftermarket system can be nicely mounted on dash. We enjoy this car very much after owning it for 6 months (8 k miles)and would recommend it. It has nicer exterior lines than any other Volvo and is very comfortable for whole family.

BLIS and More
By XC on 05/08/10 11:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Six trips to repair BLIS - the last to have new software downloaded and was told it was fixed. It was on in my driveway...it was on in an empty parking lot while I was in Park. Still not fixed. Just had the rack and pinion steering replaced. Did I mention the car has less than 10,000 miles on it, is 4 months old and I bought it with 4500 dealer miles on it? Volvo just offered me a new replacement vehicle, but I want out completely and have lemon law arbitration in about a week. The vehicle is a bust and so is the dealership.

Try it and you will buy it !!
By CT Driver on 05/07/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was in a automobile accident and got a settlement that allowed me to get anything I wanted, For the first and last time in my life,price really wasn't an obstacle. I wanted a comfortable vehicle that had easy entry and exit and one that I felt safe in . The Mercedes E-class was "underwhelming",not nearly worth the money (I had owned a 1962 220 SB that felt like it was carved from a ingot of iron,new one, no way).The Audi Q5 was real nice,but the MMI controls and requirement for high test gas were a turn off.Cadillac,Lincoln,Lexus(salesman wouldn't even come over),Ditto for Infiniti. Plus they just didn't feel right.Test drove the XC60 and -wow. I had found my car.

Great
By Farrell on 05/04/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

No problems so far. Very comfortable to drive. Very smooth handling on my daily work commutes. Only complaint would be the gas mileage, currently around 18mpg, but still feels as if I am constantly refilling tank.

Sweet Ride
By RJ on 04/22/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my XC-60, 3.2, premium/climate for 2 months, it is awesome. Sporty yet super comfortbale interior and an overall quality product.

Great for the mountains
By Brian in Colorado on 04/13/10 16:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my 2010 XC60 for just over a year; it was one of the first delivered in Colorado. With the T6 it has plenty of power and great winter handling. Easily and safely gets to the ski resorts in the winter. Actually fun to drive on snowy roads! Gas mileage leaves something to be desired, as it averages only about 19 mpg. My terra cotta bronze model with the exterior/interior appearance packages and two-tone interior styling looks great, too.

Love it
By Kat on 04/08/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car and very comfortable. It's a luxury car with a reasonable price tag. I have Japanese cars all my life and this is my first European car. And I love my decision. ItÂ’s not too big or too small for a woman driver.

BLIS
By Long Islander on 04/02/10 16:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The BLIS has malfunctioned for most of the time I have had this car, with 4 service appointments - the most recent meat 2 weeks with out the car while they replaced more parts. And...it still does not work! Either flashing constantly, warnings on the dashboard, or constantly on. Volvo is unapologetic, and not helping. Pursuing Lemon Law at this point - a car that costs what this one does should work correctly and the BLIS on my car does not, after having quite a lot of work done on a new car. Having a small orange light flashing in my line of vision constantly is distracting and unacceptable, as is the loss of information on my dashboard

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$109 per month*