Used 2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Nice ride in the Rocky Mountains
By Dan

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the second Volvo and this one is the best. It has so many great features and is fun to drive. City Safety was tested on my car at the dealer, boy did it work as designed. Very comfortable seats front and back. lot more good cargo room compared to Infinity and the electronic features are easy to work. Bluetooth is clear as a land line and auto-sync when I get into the car. The safety features of the car really impressed me and i really feel safe. Very quiet ride, almost as quiet as the Lexus with little outside noise. Good ground clearance better by 3" over my Acura MDX and much better handling and tighter feel on the road. I really enjoy driving it. Very happy.

Power lift gate, panoramic roof, City Safety, gas combined=20-23, highway=26-28.1 at 65-70mph. Really fun to drive. Safety feature of the car have always been top on my list.

Back seat A/C controls + center console air outlets. Front seat control to close rear tail gate. Hybrid version would be a nice option. Some how the gas mileage needs to be improved...

Tire Problem
By bishop

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 4th Volvo and I have always enjoyed their style and solid feel. I have had the Volvo XC60 for a year now but have to say I am dissapointed in the low mileage, complex radio control and tire problem. The Pirelli tires are not wearing well. I have a 'whirling' sound that becomes louder with increased speed. Dealer says it's the tire tread and is expected. Frankly, I find it annoying. 10,000 miles later I discover prominate wear issues. The inside front tires are not wearing well--so with only 27,000 miles I'll have to replace the tires.

Exterior Style, Handling, Driver Comfort, BLIS and City Safety, Expanded Sunroof, Rear Seat Folding Options.

Sunroof in full open position can get noisy on the highway. Better gas mileage. Pirelli tires not wearing well with this model.

Just love it
By Dan

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This pass July, my wife and I drove out to Yellowstone from Long Island NY. We stopped off at many places along the way. The XC60 was by far the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. The first day we drove to Chicago and not once did I feel tired or any back pain from this 11 hour drive. The XC was getting 26 mpg, whick really surprise me. The car handles great and we feel very safe inside it. Its quite and rides very very well. I would advise anyone looking to buy a new car, closely look at the Volvo XC60

City Safety, where it stops by itself. All the safety fitures that this vehicles comes with. Great sound system too. Love how it looks.

To be honest with you. I really can't think of anything they can do to improve this vehicle

Happy customer
By millie

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After driving many competitors in the smaller-SUV "luxury" market, was enticed by XC60s size, styling, warranty and maintenance program. For a medium sized SUV I find the trunk space to be adequate (MUCH better than the Audi Q5). Have the Turbo and it is a zippy awesome driving experience. It is a comfortable, lovely ride. Controls are easy to use/operate. Complaints (minor) are no change holder in center console. Wind whistles through the sunroof area when you go above 40mph (need to get that checked out). The tan interior is lighter than I expected so bought stain protection out of fea--it is doing its job.

Love the convenience package simply for the remote power lift gate button. Beautiful styling--a real head turner.

Gas mileage is horrendous (but good thing no need for premium fuel). Needs a change holder!

We get great gas mileage
By MLPJLK

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Volvo (first was 2003 S60 T5). Just like our frist Volvo, this car has excellent build, fit and finish. I can't beliee Ford let Volvo go. I don't understand how other owners use their cars, but we get 19 in town on 29 on the highway at 75 mph. Ours has everything except blind spot warning. The car has 9 inches of ground clearance that is 3 inches more than Mercedes and Audi. Bluetooth should autosync with which ever phone ins in range, not just the first one on the pair list. Driver #2 always has to manually sync, even when in the car alone. Dealer had us test the City Safety before we left the lot. Good idea as it would scare you if it was actually used.

The Personal Communicator, the power gate, panaramic roof, City Safety, fuel economy = 29.6 mpg on the highway.... 350 miles at 75 mph.

All versions should come with chrome exhaust tips. Navigation should be programmable by the passenger when the car is in motion. Our last Volvo the Nav was always open and we actually used the feature. Now, if we don't enter the address before we leave the house, we just wing it. Bluetooth sync.