2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Best I've Owned to Date
By mdblue on 07/24/10 18:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

By far, best vehicle I've owned - beats all other luxury SUV/CUVs out there. The "R Series" really makes a difference in handling & performance. Gas mileage is sub-par, but uses regular gas, so it's a wash. Every single time I drive the car, heads turn - don't see many on the road which I like. Feels incredibly solid and handles better than my 3 yr old sports sedan. R Series interior is on par with Q5 and nicer than all the others. Exterior styling - esp taillights is very cool. More masc than Q5. Nav system was a little annoying at first, but now I'm used to it and it works great. Most comfortable seats on the road.

Love love love
By linette on 07/21/10 12:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 4th Volvo and the best yet. Purchased over a year ago and it has performed substantially better than any previous Volvo models I've owned. Volvo's safety reputation is what keeps me coming back and the XC60 is no exception. I constantly get compliments on what a nice looking vehicle it is. Has perfect blend of cargo space, but does not look or feel like a full scale SUV (that's good in my opinion!). Only downside is the gas mileage. I am spending a lot of quality time at gas stations! I would still buy another one in a heartbeat.

First of many Volvos
By JessH.CO on 07/18/10 21:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought our XC60 a few weeks ago and WE LOVE IT! We researched nearly every midsize SUV in the market (Acura RDX, VW, Nissan, Infiniti, Subaru, Jeep, Honda, GMC, Mazda, Lincoln, Lexus, Audi, Mercedes) and we always kept comparing them to the Volvo XC60. We love everything about this car! We went with the T6 w. climate, premium, & convenience packages. We love the power and responsiveness of the T6. Other SUVs we looked at had an annoying turbo lag. The fuel economy isn't fantastic but we knew that going in and it hasn't disappointed. On a long road trip we average 22 MPG. This is our first Volvo and I know that it wont be our last!

Volvo XC60
By Hz2bred on 07/16/10 10:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 3 days of driving our new XC60; the power steering went out. It took the dealership over 1 week to fix the problem and get the part. This model has been recalled 2 times since our purchase. In less than one year: a piece of the sunroof fell off and the rear wiper blade motor burned out. This has been a bit of a disappointing driving experience; especially when we spent over $40,000.00 on a car.

May be the best in the segment
By eliseo.eugenin on 07/04/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent quality and performance. However, please do not buy this car if you look for fuel economy is (19 or lower). Instead you get AMAZING quality, free maintenance for 5 years (compare prices with audi, MB or acura), fun to drive and a lot of safety features that are extremely fun a useful (even that in the beginning i complain that have to many lights and warnings), stability, room and a look of extra stuff like hicht, and other accessories, really fun.

Best luxury crossover for the price
By AP on 07/02/10 19:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car. I bought it for less than $33K with premium package and metallic paint, which is several thousand less than the closest contender, Audi Q5. I like its style and handling better. Interior may not look as flashy but is made of equal grade materials. Seats and ride are super comfortable. 3.2L engine provides plenty of power yet manages to give you 27 MPG on highway which is excellent in this class. The exterior styling is awesome, powerful and slightly aggressive, especially if you look from close distance. 5 year warranty and free maintenance are unbeatable, and you probably heard about the safety features. This is my first Volvo and I am thoroughly impressed!

Excelent for the money. FWD
By Cheoto on 06/27/10 11:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have this car for a month and cannot be better, excellent quality inside and outside. Nice ride and easy to drive and the security features are amazing, better than q5 and X3 (far away)

Tire Problem
By Don on 06/23/10 10:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is our third Volvo and the best. Ordered this car on the overseas delivery program in May 09;accepted it in Sweden in June and picked up at our local dealer in July 09. We currently have 18,000 miles of enjoyable and safe driving with this car. We've had some minor problems with the BLIS; replaced the unit and reloaded the software a couple of times. Problem remain with a lot of driver side 'false' warnings. -TIRES- came with the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 235/60R18 tires. After the 15,000 mile service I noticed a rapidly increasing tire noise. Took it to the dealer who did an alignment (not out much). Severe wearing and cupping on the inside. Volvo denies problem exists.

Fun, Safe, and Enjoyable
By VOLVO XC60 3.2 AWD on 06/04/10 12:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, this car is fantastic. It is fun to drive. It handles more like a car than an SUV. Tight turning radius. The city safety feature as standard demonstrates Volvo's dedication to safety. The ride is smooth and handles well on the road in all conditions. The only problem is the gas mileage. Fuel economy is great on long open roads (at times I was getting in near 30 mpg), while city driving I get close to 10. This disparity is my only problem with the vehicle. I had an idea of this going in, which is why I am happy with my selection. Volvo did great with this car.

XC60 T6 Review
By Paul on 06/02/10 08:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Compared; MB, BMW, Audi and Volvo. Owned MB, Lexus and Volvos (9th Volvo). Volvo best equipped for $$. Took delivery in Sweden. Excellent trip. 2500 miles on odo and mpg is running; 20 city, 22.5 combo and 24 highway. Turbo tip: taking it easy on the pedal will return decent mpg. T6 engine is smooth and the 6 speed trans shifts extremely well. The best riding and handling Volvo, for me, and of course the seats should be used as a industry standard for comfort and function. Did not purchase the nav system as Garmin is much easier to operate. I looked at the T6 R package but couldn't justify the extra $$ for what is included. The dealership calls to ensure I am happy. Bullet proof so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in WA is:

$136 per month*