Used 2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Our XC60 Nightmare
By nzgazza

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We live in NZ and bought a new XC60 T6 12 months ago. It now has done 6,500km, and has been off the road for a total of 4 weeks.
The issues

-Engine oil leak - new gasket was fitted
-Since the oil leak repair we have topped -up the engine oil. (still an issue?)
-False seat belt alarms (not yet resolved)
- City Stop activating twice with no obstacles in the way, terrifying my wife and two boys.
-The car failed the WOF due to a leak from the power steering, a new steering rack was fitted
-A new faulty steering pipe had to be replaced
- A fastener was also required the same job

We contacted Volvo Sweden who didn't want to know. Our first and last Volvo, worst car we have ever owned

Wow Our First Volvo and We're Impressed
By tassopappas1

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We buy a newer used car about every 12 months. And we just picked up our first Volvo, a 2010 xc50 AWD T6 with multimedia, technology package, convenience, and comfort. Exterior trim package and wood inlay. WOW. it was supposed to be for me, but my wife has confiscated it. Rather than her Tahoe Hybrid.

Fun, comfy, elegant, quick and the laser adaptive cruise control is spectacular.

We are certainly considerly another volov in the future now.

Tasso Pappas

Comfort, and for me the technology package. The laser cruise control is amazing.Love on the information center tells you which kid dose not have their seat belt buckled in the back. Fast, fun.

Wish you could close the power lift gate via remote, but that is not a big deal.

Comfortable but....
By flolive

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of little problems, but very very safe. Got into an accident and totaled the front and rear end of the car, the other passenger and I walked out without a scratch. No problems with the first XC60, but the 2nd one is a different story.
Very comfortable ride, but sometimes the engine gets fussy. The smallest press on the gas pedal can make the RPMs jump from 1200 to 4000. The inside is nice, but I have had many small electrical problems. After 3 months of owning the vehicle the horn stopped working, USB port, side mirrors folding in, garage remote, electrical outlet, and many other small problems. This is my 4th volvo, and the only one I've had this many problems with!

Comfortable seats, interior and exterior style, safety, sound system storage and gas mileage.

Improve some of the electric work! Also it would be nice if it sat a little higher also, big difference between the XC60 and XC90, even though the salesman told me there wasn't any difference in height. Also wish there were a few more gauges on the dashboard.

Still loving it!
By geckoxv

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I believe I researched, test drove and compared every SUV on the market.
I eventually decided on the Volvo XC60.
The Volvo brand has always meant quality and safety.
However, when looking at BMW X5, Lexus or Mercedes the same things can be said.
The decision was made when I test drove and the $$ was discussed.
The test drive blew me away.
I felt that the XC60 was everything I was looking for and more.

The efficient 3.2 L engine, gorgeous + comfortable leather seating, panaromic sunroof, BLIS, City Safety and cargo room were amazing. However, I didn't have to step up or down to get into the car. You just sit...it's a natural height. The seat envelopes you in luxury. But the Save and Safety program that Volvo offered was unbeatable. I only have to pay for replacing tires in the next 5 years.

The only improvement I would make is an easier Navigation system. The remote control does help, but it is still somewhat convuluted to set. But once you get the hang of it, the multi screen is better than all the rest.

XC 60: My favorite Volvo yet!
By L Devoe

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Between my wife and myself we have owned 10 Volvos and consider ourselves Volvo for Life customers. Besides the obvious reputation for safety, Volvos have continued to improve their reliability, looks, and amenities over the years. The XC60 is the first Volvo SUV that I have purchased for myself. It is also the most comfortable Volvo that I have ever driven. I was impressed with the build quality, its pep on the road, and the new features such as blind spot alerts (BLIS) and rear view camera for backing up. The mileage is better than I expected with the 3.2L engine and the interior is dead quiet on the highway.

Its height is my favorite feature. I don't have to go into contortions to get in and out. I also like the excellent sound system and satellite radio. While I didn't get it for the cargo capacity, it has turned out to be a great long weekend trip car as well.

The navigation system cannot compare with the Nuvi that we have in our other Volvo. It is clunky and the controls on the rear of the steering wheel. What were the engineers thinking? Since it came with the premium sound package, I didn't have the option to chuck it. Please make it better.