2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Happy customer
By millie on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After driving many competitors in the smaller-SUV "luxury" market, was enticed by XC60s size, styling, warranty and maintenance program. For a medium sized SUV I find the trunk space to be adequate (MUCH better than the Audi Q5). Have the Turbo and it is a zippy awesome driving experience. It is a comfortable, lovely ride. Controls are easy to use/operate. Complaints (minor) are no change holder in center console. Wind whistles through the sunroof area when you go above 40mph (need to get that checked out). The tan interior is lighter than I expected so bought stain protection out of fea--it is doing its job.

We get great gas mileage
By MLPJLK on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Volvo (first was 2003 S60 T5). Just like our frist Volvo, this car has excellent build, fit and finish. I can't beliee Ford let Volvo go. I don't understand how other owners use their cars, but we get 19 in town on 29 on the highway at 75 mph. Ours has everything except blind spot warning. The car has 9 inches of ground clearance that is 3 inches more than Mercedes and Audi. Bluetooth should autosync with which ever phone ins in range, not just the first one on the pair list. Driver #2 always has to manually sync, even when in the car alone. Dealer had us test the City Safety before we left the lot. Good idea as it would scare you if it was actually used.

Volvo XC60 3.2 fwd
By JR on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this to replace my Pilot, with the intent to get much better gas mileage and better features. Gas mileage is a little disappointing, 16 in town, 23 on trips. Better than the Pilot, but not that much. Engine overall is average. Interior, ride, handling (much better than Pilot, which is a boat), electronic features all excellent. The main problem is that it's just a bit too small, miss the Pilot's space way more than I thought. Nice car but if I change my mind, I would. Ok for a small family, I guess. Beware of EPA estimates, they are a crock. No way this vehicle gets 27 highway if you go over 55. You get run over in Calif. if you do less than 70.

XC60 T6 in a class of it's own
By Tdog86 on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

It was between the Lexus and XC60 and I went for the XC60 T6. I have about 9500 mi. on the car and I have no regrets with my decision. It's fun to drive and I haven't had any problems so far. Fits the kids comfortably in the back with the integrated booster and serves as an adequate backup family hauler when not using our XC90. Yes, we are now a complete Volvo faimly. I can't say enough about how safe these vehicles are and how safe I feel as a passenger or a driver. Now that Volvo is finally starting to get up to date on the electronics for the end user, that makes me like them even more.

BLIS Problem
By Steve Auyer on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After 3 trips to the dealer when they insisted the RH BLIS was working properly, I complained to VolvoCars USA in NJ. That got teir attention. The dealer kept the car for 2 days and finally diagnosed a failed RH BLIS camera. Their software showed no diagnostics so they insisted the camera was working properly. It was only after being pressured by VolvoCars USA that they took the time to find and repair the problem

I love my XC 60
By Rob on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was in love with the Volvo XC 60 since I first saw it at a secret test shoot in Reno a few years ago. From that moment, I wanted one (and I already owned the Volvo XC 90). I finally bought it a few months and and I absolutely love it. If I have any complaints---they are: 1. Gas Mileage is subpar (the car REALLY gets about 14 MPG in the city, and 21ish on the highway (and I have the smallest engine). 2. There's a bad blind spot looking out the back window. Other than that's, it's fantastic. And...don't buy their navigation system (I didn't). Buy a Garmin NUVI 3790(which is better)and have your autosound dealer install it and save $$. Other than that, I love this car and so will you

No Regrets!
By ayang90 on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It was between the Audi Q5 and XC60 and I went for the XC60. Have about 3500 mi. on the car and I have no regrets with my decision. It's fun to drive and I haven't had any problems so far. Fits three kids comfortably in the back with the integrated booster and serves as an adequate backup family hauler when not using our mini-van.

Don't get the BLIS!
By Matt on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First Volvo I've ever owned. Tested multiple vehicles in this class and the Volvo was the best deal. Pretty much satisfied with the whole vehicle except the optional BLIS. Since I picked up the car I've been getting multiple BLIS "false indications" on the driver's side. Took it to the dealership and they duplicated the problem but Volvo didn't authorize repair, called it normal operation. Have had multiple e-mail exchanges with Volvo customer service and there response has been, its an "information system" and not a "safety system", it will give off "false indications" under certain driving conditions, which must be most of my driving conditions since its always coming on. Very frustrating!

LOVE AND AMAZING FOR THE MONEY
By ELISEO on 09/06/10 19:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful interior, extremely fun to drive, perform excellent & better that MB, Audi, & VW (I tested & drie all). Safe for all, including the kids. Seats excellent can not be better. I have respiratory problems and the air inside is soo clean for the new air system is amazing. Friend this car is amazing.

The Perfect Vehicle?
By BL on 08/21/10 03:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Coming off 8 years of XC90s. But wanted a more enjoyable driving experience for commute. Could be the most beautiful interior of any car/any make. It is gorgeous inside. Same engine as my last '08 XC90 but peppier, sportier. Really fun to drive. Test drove the redesigned V6 Subaru Outback (GREAT drive)that surprised me; MB GLK (pointless joke of a back seat); VW Tiguan (just for fun); and considered Audi Q5 but not seriously(too expensive/smaller.) Driving the XC60 is a blast. Feel is refined, tight with a first-rate finish. Two tone leather seats and blond wood are stunning. Hard to leave the Volvo brand. And I think 6 yrs from now I'd rather be in this than anything else. Just perfect.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$109 per month*