Used 2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 SUV Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Disappointed owner
By L. Norris

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2010 Volvo XC60 and was looking forward to many years with this car. I took it for regular maintenance at a Volvo dealer and took very good care of it. it was fine while under warranty for 4 years/ 50, 000. The past year I have have had to spend over $6000 for repairs - rear differential broke, drive belt, power steering broke, brakes, electrics - it is as if the Volvo engineers designed it so that every major system would break as soon as the car was out of warranty. I am disgusted! It only has 60,000 miles on it and has been lovingly cared for and it has turned into an unreliable lemon! I will never buy a Volvo again. I do not recommend this car, unless you have a lot of spare time and money to waste.

2010 at 80K
By cannice

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Within 2 months, I've had significant repairs that should not happen for my vehicle.1.Both front axles were replaced. 2.A month later, determined that my windshield adhesive deteriorated causing a leak. This leak wreaked havoc to my airbag/sunroof sensors, sunroof motor and required full floor interior replacement. I've incurred significant costs due to issues that should not have happened. Extended warranty does not cover glass issues. I expected higher quality from Volvo..very disappointed.

Owned for 2 years, mixed bag
By vmerch

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 3.2 AWD new 2 years ago and drove it 26K miles. Towards the end it was a rattletrap. It was so bad that the dealership said that finding where it was coming from behind the dashboard could cause even worse rattles putting it back together. The loose rattles in the tailgate never were fixed from day one. The transmitter in the hatch was loose from the factory. The dealer broke 7 out of the 10 retaining clips "fixing" it. Popping noise in the driver's seat never fixed. Both Bliss cameras were replaced in 2 years. The power steering reservoir/lines were replaced after steering effort was erratic. Great to look at, but not that comfortable on the inside. Overall, quality was horrible.

Highway mileage usually in low to mid 20s on regular gas. Great styling.

I hope that post 2010 Volvos had better quality control. The 2 different dealerships could have resolved many of the issues if they actually tried. They were indifferent at best. After I hit one year, the dealership said that rattles (aka as adjustments) would no longer be made and that I had to pay $125/hr labor for them to try to "fix" it. This was after they acknowledged serious rattles but could never resolve them. I will never buy another Volvo.

Comfortable but....
By flolive

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of little problems, but very very safe. Got into an accident and totaled the front and rear end of the car, the other passenger and I walked out without a scratch. No problems with the first XC60, but the 2nd one is a different story.
Very comfortable ride, but sometimes the engine gets fussy. The smallest press on the gas pedal can make the RPMs jump from 1200 to 4000. The inside is nice, but I have had many small electrical problems. After 3 months of owning the vehicle the horn stopped working, USB port, side mirrors folding in, garage remote, electrical outlet, and many other small problems. This is my 4th volvo, and the only one I've had this many problems with!

Comfortable seats, interior and exterior style, safety, sound system storage and gas mileage.

Improve some of the electric work! Also it would be nice if it sat a little higher also, big difference between the XC60 and XC90, even though the salesman told me there wasn't any difference in height. Also wish there were a few more gauges on the dashboard.

Still loving it!
By geckoxv

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I believe I researched, test drove and compared every SUV on the market.
I eventually decided on the Volvo XC60.
The Volvo brand has always meant quality and safety.
However, when looking at BMW X5, Lexus or Mercedes the same things can be said.
The decision was made when I test drove and the $$ was discussed.
The test drive blew me away.
I felt that the XC60 was everything I was looking for and more.

The efficient 3.2 L engine, gorgeous + comfortable leather seating, panaromic sunroof, BLIS, City Safety and cargo room were amazing. However, I didn't have to step up or down to get into the car. You just sit...it's a natural height. The seat envelopes you in luxury. But the Save and Safety program that Volvo offered was unbeatable. I only have to pay for replacing tires in the next 5 years.

The only improvement I would make is an easier Navigation system. The remote control does help, but it is still somewhat convuluted to set. But once you get the hang of it, the multi screen is better than all the rest.