2010 Volvo XC60 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Owned for 2 years, mixed bag
By vmerch on 12/13/11 19:21 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 3.2 AWD new 2 years ago and drove it 26K miles. Towards the end it was a rattletrap. It was so bad that the dealership said that finding where it was coming from behind the dashboard could cause even worse rattles putting it back together. The loose rattles in the tailgate never were fixed from day one. The transmitter in the hatch was loose from the factory. The dealer broke 7 out of the 10 retaining clips "fixing" it. Popping noise in the driver's seat never fixed. Both Bliss cameras were replaced in 2 years. The power steering reservoir/lines were replaced after steering effort was erratic. Great to look at, but not that comfortable on the inside. Overall, quality was horrible.

Comfortable but....
By flolive on 01/24/11 08:21 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of little problems, but very very safe. Got into an accident and totaled the front and rear end of the car, the other passenger and I walked out without a scratch. No problems with the first XC60, but the 2nd one is a different story. Very comfortable ride, but sometimes the engine gets fussy. The smallest press on the gas pedal can make the RPMs jump from 1200 to 4000. The inside is nice, but I have had many small electrical problems. After 3 months of owning the vehicle the horn stopped working, USB port, side mirrors folding in, garage remote, electrical outlet, and many other small problems. This is my 4th volvo, and the only one I've had this many problems with!

Still loving it!
By geckoxv on 12/24/10 06:47 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I believe I researched, test drove and compared every SUV on the market. I eventually decided on the Volvo XC60. The Volvo brand has always meant quality and safety. However, when looking at BMW X5, Lexus or Mercedes the same things can be said. The decision was made when I test drove and the $$ was discussed. The test drive blew me away. I felt that the XC60 was everything I was looking for and more.

XC 60: My favorite Volvo yet!
By L Devoe on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Between my wife and myself we have owned 10 Volvos and consider ourselves Volvo for Life customers. Besides the obvious reputation for safety, Volvos have continued to improve their reliability, looks, and amenities over the years. The XC60 is the first Volvo SUV that I have purchased for myself. It is also the most comfortable Volvo that I have ever driven. I was impressed with the build quality, its pep on the road, and the new features such as blind spot alerts (BLIS) and rear view camera for backing up. The mileage is better than I expected with the 3.2L engine and the interior is dead quiet on the highway.

We get great gas mileage
By MLPJLK on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Volvo (first was 2003 S60 T5). Just like our frist Volvo, this car has excellent build, fit and finish. I can't beliee Ford let Volvo go. I don't understand how other owners use their cars, but we get 19 in town on 29 on the highway at 75 mph. Ours has everything except blind spot warning. The car has 9 inches of ground clearance that is 3 inches more than Mercedes and Audi. Bluetooth should autosync with which ever phone ins in range, not just the first one on the pair list. Driver #2 always has to manually sync, even when in the car alone. Dealer had us test the City Safety before we left the lot. Good idea as it would scare you if it was actually used.

Volvo XC60 3.2 fwd
By JR on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this to replace my Pilot, with the intent to get much better gas mileage and better features. Gas mileage is a little disappointing, 16 in town, 23 on trips. Better than the Pilot, but not that much. Engine overall is average. Interior, ride, handling (much better than Pilot, which is a boat), electronic features all excellent. The main problem is that it's just a bit too small, miss the Pilot's space way more than I thought. Nice car but if I change my mind, I would. Ok for a small family, I guess. Beware of EPA estimates, they are a crock. No way this vehicle gets 27 highway if you go over 55. You get run over in Calif. if you do less than 70.

I love my XC 60
By Rob on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was in love with the Volvo XC 60 since I first saw it at a secret test shoot in Reno a few years ago. From that moment, I wanted one (and I already owned the Volvo XC 90). I finally bought it a few months and and I absolutely love it. If I have any complaints---they are: 1. Gas Mileage is subpar (the car REALLY gets about 14 MPG in the city, and 21ish on the highway (and I have the smallest engine). 2. There's a bad blind spot looking out the back window. Other than that's, it's fantastic. And...don't buy their navigation system (I didn't). Buy a Garmin NUVI 3790(which is better)and have your autosound dealer install it and save $$. Other than that, I love this car and so will you

No Regrets!
By ayang90 on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It was between the Audi Q5 and XC60 and I went for the XC60. Have about 3500 mi. on the car and I have no regrets with my decision. It's fun to drive and I haven't had any problems so far. Fits three kids comfortably in the back with the integrated booster and serves as an adequate backup family hauler when not using our mini-van.

LOVE AND AMAZING FOR THE MONEY
By ELISEO on 09/06/10 19:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful interior, extremely fun to drive, perform excellent & better that MB, Audi, & VW (I tested & drie all). Safe for all, including the kids. Seats excellent can not be better. I have respiratory problems and the air inside is soo clean for the new air system is amazing. Friend this car is amazing.

The Perfect Vehicle?
By BL on 08/21/10 03:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Coming off 8 years of XC90s. But wanted a more enjoyable driving experience for commute. Could be the most beautiful interior of any car/any make. It is gorgeous inside. Same engine as my last '08 XC90 but peppier, sportier. Really fun to drive. Test drove the redesigned V6 Subaru Outback (GREAT drive)that surprised me; MB GLK (pointless joke of a back seat); VW Tiguan (just for fun); and considered Audi Q5 but not seriously(too expensive/smaller.) Driving the XC60 is a blast. Feel is refined, tight with a first-rate finish. Two tone leather seats and blond wood are stunning. Hard to leave the Volvo brand. And I think 6 yrs from now I'd rather be in this than anything else. Just perfect.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 Suv in WA is:

$136 per month*