2010 Volvo XC60 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
Maintenance can be expensive
By jbatl56 on 11/10/14 18:40 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2010 XC60 has been a good vehicle since I bought it used 2 yrs ago. It is very comfortable and with the T6 it's quick off the line. But now at 73,000 miles I'm beginning to wonder if it's not the beginning of the end. Brake vacuum pump needs replacing ($700), sunroof leaks during a hard rain ($500), tires cup regardless of brand apparently, leather is wearing worse than my mom's 1989 Cadillac, the lift gate pistons needed replacement (caught under warranty), brakes wear quickly ($400) and I need a new motor mount ($500). I think that's a bit much for a Volvo with what many consider low mileage. But then again, it's really not Swedish anymore, is it?

YAH HOOOOO!
By micheemoo on 10/01/14 12:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is one hell of ride! Don't let the old Volvo brand name fool you, this car will smoke quite a few vehicles on the road! It is solid, comfortable, stylish, safe and FAST! I really quite love this car, but then again, I have a thing for swedish cars! I was looking to replace my third saab, I test drove all the cars in XC 60's class, the lexus, the audi, the benz, the beamer, I even contemplated the 3.2 litre XC 60, but then I drove the 3.0 litre T6.....Woah! SOLD! I never turned back after that test drive! This car is luxurious, beautiful leather seats, best in class, feels solid, tight drive, just stellar car to move your caboose! I LOVE the power and the feeling is swanky but elegant!

Excellence in most areas except the NAVI
By woodinva on 06/01/14 00:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this vehicle as replacement for Wife's 1999 Ford Explorer (350K miles). Wanted a Boron steel cocoon for the wife, Excellent Safety rating. Xenon lights and decent gas mileage. I got that and more. Upgraded my car to Polestar rating (software upgrade) My car came with Sirius Satellite and currently get 20.8mpg with plus (89) gasoline with ethanol can get up to 23 mpg if I use strictly (non ethanol gas and clamp down on my lead foot!) Navi system ( does not work efficiently but one must buy this to get backup rear camera) Honestly.. buying a Garmin convertible works better then the currently installed cumbersome system which requires you use a remote control & is flawed.

Our XC60 Nightmare
By nzgazza on 06/01/11 21:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We live in NZ and bought a new XC60 T6 12 months ago. It now has done 6,500km, and has been off the road for a total of 4 weeks. The issues -Engine oil leak - new gasket was fitted -Since the oil leak repair we have topped -up the engine oil. (still an issue?) -False seat belt alarms (not yet resolved) - City Stop activating twice with no obstacles in the way, terrifying my wife and two boys. -The car failed the WOF due to a leak from the power steering, a new steering rack was fitted -A new faulty steering pipe had to be replaced - A fastener was also required the same job We contacted Volvo Sweden who didn't want to know. Our first and last Volvo, worst car we have ever owned

Wow Our First Volvo and We're Impressed
By tassopappas1 on 04/29/11 17:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We buy a newer used car about every 12 months. And we just picked up our first Volvo, a 2010 xc50 AWD T6 with multimedia, technology package, convenience, and comfort. Exterior trim package and wood inlay. WOW. it was supposed to be for me, but my wife has confiscated it. Rather than her Tahoe Hybrid. Fun, comfy, elegant, quick and the laser adaptive cruise control is spectacular. We are certainly considerly another volov in the future now. Tasso Pappas

Nice ride in the Rocky Mountains
By Dan on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the second Volvo and this one is the best. It has so many great features and is fun to drive. City Safety was tested on my car at the dealer, boy did it work as designed. Very comfortable seats front and back. lot more good cargo room compared to Infinity and the electronic features are easy to work. Bluetooth is clear as a land line and auto-sync when I get into the car. The safety features of the car really impressed me and i really feel safe. Very quiet ride, almost as quiet as the Lexus with little outside noise. Good ground clearance better by 3" over my Acura MDX and much better handling and tighter feel on the road. I really enjoy driving it. Very happy.

Tire Problem
By bishop on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 4th Volvo and I have always enjoyed their style and solid feel. I have had the Volvo XC60 for a year now but have to say I am dissapointed in the low mileage, complex radio control and tire problem. The Pirelli tires are not wearing well. I have a 'whirling' sound that becomes louder with increased speed. Dealer says it's the tire tread and is expected. Frankly, I find it annoying. 10,000 miles later I discover prominate wear issues. The inside front tires are not wearing well--so with only 27,000 miles I'll have to replace the tires.

Just love it
By Dan on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This pass July, my wife and I drove out to Yellowstone from Long Island NY. We stopped off at many places along the way. The XC60 was by far the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. The first day we drove to Chicago and not once did I feel tired or any back pain from this 11 hour drive. The XC was getting 26 mpg, whick really surprise me. The car handles great and we feel very safe inside it. Its quite and rides very very well. I would advise anyone looking to buy a new car, closely look at the Volvo XC60

Happy customer
By millie on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After driving many competitors in the smaller-SUV "luxury" market, was enticed by XC60s size, styling, warranty and maintenance program. For a medium sized SUV I find the trunk space to be adequate (MUCH better than the Audi Q5). Have the Turbo and it is a zippy awesome driving experience. It is a comfortable, lovely ride. Controls are easy to use/operate. Complaints (minor) are no change holder in center console. Wind whistles through the sunroof area when you go above 40mph (need to get that checked out). The tan interior is lighter than I expected so bought stain protection out of fea--it is doing its job.

Don't get the BLIS!
By Matt on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 SUV T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First Volvo I've ever owned. Tested multiple vehicles in this class and the Volvo was the best deal. Pretty much satisfied with the whole vehicle except the optional BLIS. Since I picked up the car I've been getting multiple BLIS "false indications" on the driver's side. Took it to the dealership and they duplicated the problem but Volvo didn't authorize repair, called it normal operation. Have had multiple e-mail exchanges with Volvo customer service and there response has been, its an "information system" and not a "safety system", it will give off "false indications" under certain driving conditions, which must be most of my driving conditions since its always coming on. Very frustrating!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 Suv in VA is:

$118 per month*