Used 2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

2010 at 80K
By cannice

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Within 2 months, I've had significant repairs that should not happen for my vehicle.1.Both front axles were replaced. 2.A month later, determined that my windshield adhesive deteriorated causing a leak. This leak wreaked havoc to my airbag/sunroof sensors, sunroof motor and required full floor interior replacement. I've incurred significant costs due to issues that should not have happened. Extended warranty does not cover glass issues. I expected higher quality from Volvo..very disappointed.

Owned for 2 years, mixed bag
By vmerch

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 3.2 AWD new 2 years ago and drove it 26K miles. Towards the end it was a rattletrap. It was so bad that the dealership said that finding where it was coming from behind the dashboard could cause even worse rattles putting it back together. The loose rattles in the tailgate never were fixed from day one. The transmitter in the hatch was loose from the factory. The dealer broke 7 out of the 10 retaining clips "fixing" it. Popping noise in the driver's seat never fixed. Both Bliss cameras were replaced in 2 years. The power steering reservoir/lines were replaced after steering effort was erratic. Great to look at, but not that comfortable on the inside. Overall, quality was horrible.

Favorite Features

Highway mileage usually in low to mid 20s on regular gas. Great styling.

Suggested Improvements

I hope that post 2010 Volvos had better quality control. The 2 different dealerships could have resolved many of the issues if they actually tried. They were indifferent at best. After I hit one year, the dealership said that rattles (aka as adjustments) would no longer be made and that I had to pay $125/hr labor for them to try to "fix" it. This was after they acknowledged serious rattles but could never resolve them. I will never buy another Volvo.

Comfortable but....
By flolive

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of little problems, but very very safe. Got into an accident and totaled the front and rear end of the car, the other passenger and I walked out without a scratch. No problems with the first XC60, but the 2nd one is a different story. Very comfortable ride, but sometimes the engine gets fussy. The smallest press on the gas pedal can make the RPMs jump from 1200 to 4000. The inside is nice, but I have had many small electrical problems. After 3 months of owning the vehicle the horn stopped working, USB port, side mirrors folding in, garage remote, electrical outlet, and many other small problems. This is my 4th volvo, and the only one I've had this many problems with!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, interior and exterior style, safety, sound system storage and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Improve some of the electric work! Also it would be nice if it sat a little higher also, big difference between the XC60 and XC90, even though the salesman told me there wasn't any difference in height. Also wish there were a few more gauges on the dashboard.

Still loving it!
By geckoxv

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I believe I researched, test drove and compared every SUV on the market. I eventually decided on the Volvo XC60. The Volvo brand has always meant quality and safety. However, when looking at BMW X5, Lexus or Mercedes the same things can be said. The decision was made when I test drove and the $$ was discussed. The test drive blew me away. I felt that the XC60 was everything I was looking for and more.

Favorite Features

The efficient 3.2 L engine, gorgeous + comfortable leather seating, panaromic sunroof, BLIS, City Safety and cargo room were amazing. However, I didn't have to step up or down to get into the car. You just sit...it's a natural height. The seat envelopes you in luxury. But the Save and Safety program that Volvo offered was unbeatable. I only have to pay for replacing tires in the next 5 years.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would make is an easier Navigation system. The remote control does help, but it is still somewhat convuluted to set. But once you get the hang of it, the multi screen is better than all the rest.

XC 60: My favorite Volvo yet!
By L Devoe

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Between my wife and myself we have owned 10 Volvos and consider ourselves Volvo for Life customers. Besides the obvious reputation for safety, Volvos have continued to improve their reliability, looks, and amenities over the years. The XC60 is the first Volvo SUV that I have purchased for myself. It is also the most comfortable Volvo that I have ever driven. I was impressed with the build quality, its pep on the road, and the new features such as blind spot alerts (BLIS) and rear view camera for backing up. The mileage is better than I expected with the 3.2L engine and the interior is dead quiet on the highway.

Favorite Features

Its height is my favorite feature. I don't have to go into contortions to get in and out. I also like the excellent sound system and satellite radio. While I didn't get it for the cargo capacity, it has turned out to be a great long weekend trip car as well.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system cannot compare with the Nuvi that we have in our other Volvo. It is clunky and the controls on the rear of the steering wheel. What were the engineers thinking? Since it came with the premium sound package, I didn't have the option to chuck it. Please make it better.