Used 2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Disappointed owner
By L. Norris

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2010 Volvo XC60 and was looking forward to many years with this car. I took it for regular maintenance at a Volvo dealer and took very good care of it. it was fine while under warranty for 4 years/ 50, 000. The past year I have have had to spend over $6000 for repairs - rear differential broke, drive belt, power steering broke, brakes, electrics - it is as if the Volvo engineers designed it so that every major system would break as soon as the car was out of warranty. I am disgusted! It only has 60,000 miles on it and has been lovingly cared for and it has turned into an unreliable lemon! I will never buy a Volvo again. I do not recommend this car, unless you have a lot of spare time and money to waste.

Don't buy this Chinese-Owned Vehicle.
By Kris

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm writing this to encourage you to find other options than Volvo. [non-permissible content removed] I feel it necessary to write a review that people will read-in the 2015 section. I owned a 2010 T6 AWD AND paid for the Polestar Upgrade (+30 HP). Fact is, I really liked the seats in the car and driving it was fun, except when it broke! At 55K miles, I paid for a new wheel hub ($650), at 60K miles, a rear stab link broke off ($450), then the doozie-at 65K miles the Rear Differential AND Active On Demand Coupler went bad (over $6500) ! NO THANK YOU!!! I promptly traded my vehicle in for an American Made Chevrolet Traverse and never looked back! Volvo claims to be a Premium Brand-Not Yet, My Friends, Not Yet ! Honestly, you will LOVE this vehicle until it's time to get it fixed.

What I lose:
Comfy Seats, Acceleration, Smaller Car Handling, Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Indicators
What I gain:
Keep more of my $$$, On Star is way underrated for safety/security, Way more Cargo/Passenger Space, American Pride, More USB Ports, Better Chevy Customer Service
What is Similar:
Exact Same Safety Ratings

2010 at 80K
By cannice

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Within 2 months, I've had significant repairs that should not happen for my vehicle.1.Both front axles were replaced. 2.A month later, determined that my windshield adhesive deteriorated causing a leak. This leak wreaked havoc to my airbag/sunroof sensors, sunroof motor and required full floor interior replacement. I've incurred significant costs due to issues that should not have happened. Extended warranty does not cover glass issues. I expected higher quality from Volvo..very disappointed.

Maintenance can be expensive
By jbatl56

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2010 XC60 has been a good vehicle since I bought it used 2 yrs ago. It is very comfortable and with the T6 it's quick off the line. But now at 73,000 miles I'm beginning to wonder if it's not the beginning of the end. Brake vacuum pump needs replacing ($700), sunroof leaks during a hard rain ($500), tires cup regardless of brand apparently, leather is wearing worse than my mom's 1989 Cadillac, the lift gate pistons needed replacement (caught under warranty), brakes wear quickly ($400) and I need a new motor mount ($500). I think that's a bit much for a Volvo with what many consider low mileage. But then again, it's really not Swedish anymore, is it?

Very comfortable seats and ride.

more interior ambient lighting especially door handles and center console.

YAH HOOOOO!
By micheemoo

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is one hell of ride! Don't let the old Volvo brand name fool you, this car will smoke quite a few vehicles on the road! It is solid, comfortable, stylish, safe and FAST! I really quite love this car, but then again, I have a thing for swedish cars! I was looking to replace my third saab, I test drove all the cars in XC 60's class, the lexus, the audi, the benz, the beamer, I even contemplated the 3.2 litre XC 60, but then I drove the 3.0 litre T6.....Woah! SOLD! I never turned back after that test drive! This car is luxurious, beautiful leather seats, best in class, feels solid, tight drive, just stellar car to move your caboose! I LOVE the power and the feeling is swanky but elegant!

I actually like the BLIS, quite handy, park assist is always awesome especially since I do most of my driving downtown, auto trunk release is great (I am a mom with never an empty hand) very comfortable driver seat for tall people, heated seats for our cold canadian winters, panoramic roof is divine, tow hitch, fantastic premium sound, (my daughter and I blast the tunes to and from school, she is only six but appreciates the sound!) and believe it or not, that 12 volt plug in the trunk does come in handy too. Finishes are nice.

Fuel consumption! My love for this car outweighs the dislike of the horrible fuel consumption. I honestly cannot get much more than 430 km per tank city driving! Yikes! However, on a long highway drive, I surprisingly got over 600 km! Which is not bad, considering the beast of a car that your driving!