2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:
YAH HOOOOO!
By micheemoo on 10/01/14 12:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is one hell of ride! Don't let the old Volvo brand name fool you, this car will smoke quite a few vehicles on the road! It is solid, comfortable, stylish, safe and FAST! I really quite love this car, but then again, I have a thing for swedish cars! I was looking to replace my third saab, I test drove all the cars in XC 60's class, the lexus, the audi, the benz, the beamer, I even contemplated the 3.2 litre XC 60, but then I drove the 3.0 litre T6.....Woah! SOLD! I never turned back after that test drive! This car is luxurious, beautiful leather seats, best in class, feels solid, tight drive, just stellar car to move your caboose! I LOVE the power and the feeling is swanky but elegant!

Excellence in most areas except the NAVI
By woodinva on 06/01/14 00:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this vehicle as replacement for Wife's 1999 Ford Explorer (350K miles). Wanted a Boron steel cocoon for the wife, Excellent Safety rating. Xenon lights and decent gas mileage. I got that and more. Upgraded my car to Polestar rating (software upgrade) My car came with Sirius Satellite and currently get 20.8mpg with plus (89) gasoline with ethanol can get up to 23 mpg if I use strictly (non ethanol gas and clamp down on my lead foot!) Navi system ( does not work efficiently but one must buy this to get backup rear camera) Honestly.. buying a Garmin convertible works better then the currently installed cumbersome system which requires you use a remote control & is flawed.

Owned for 2 years, mixed bag
By vmerch on 12/13/11 19:21 PM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 3.2 AWD new 2 years ago and drove it 26K miles. Towards the end it was a rattletrap. It was so bad that the dealership said that finding where it was coming from behind the dashboard could cause even worse rattles putting it back together. The loose rattles in the tailgate never were fixed from day one. The transmitter in the hatch was loose from the factory. The dealer broke 7 out of the 10 retaining clips "fixing" it. Popping noise in the driver's seat never fixed. Both Bliss cameras were replaced in 2 years. The power steering reservoir/lines were replaced after steering effort was erratic. Great to look at, but not that comfortable on the inside. Overall, quality was horrible.

Our XC60 Nightmare
By nzgazza on 06/01/11 21:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We live in NZ and bought a new XC60 T6 12 months ago. It now has done 6,500km, and has been off the road for a total of 4 weeks. The issues -Engine oil leak - new gasket was fitted -Since the oil leak repair we have topped -up the engine oil. (still an issue?) -False seat belt alarms (not yet resolved) - City Stop activating twice with no obstacles in the way, terrifying my wife and two boys. -The car failed the WOF due to a leak from the power steering, a new steering rack was fitted -A new faulty steering pipe had to be replaced - A fastener was also required the same job We contacted Volvo Sweden who didn't want to know. Our first and last Volvo, worst car we have ever owned

Wow Our First Volvo and We're Impressed
By tassopappas1 on 04/29/11 17:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We buy a newer used car about every 12 months. And we just picked up our first Volvo, a 2010 xc50 AWD T6 with multimedia, technology package, convenience, and comfort. Exterior trim package and wood inlay. WOW. it was supposed to be for me, but my wife has confiscated it. Rather than her Tahoe Hybrid. Fun, comfy, elegant, quick and the laser adaptive cruise control is spectacular. We are certainly considerly another volov in the future now. Tasso Pappas

Comfortable but....
By flolive on 01/24/11 08:21 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of little problems, but very very safe. Got into an accident and totaled the front and rear end of the car, the other passenger and I walked out without a scratch. No problems with the first XC60, but the 2nd one is a different story. Very comfortable ride, but sometimes the engine gets fussy. The smallest press on the gas pedal can make the RPMs jump from 1200 to 4000. The inside is nice, but I have had many small electrical problems. After 3 months of owning the vehicle the horn stopped working, USB port, side mirrors folding in, garage remote, electrical outlet, and many other small problems. This is my 4th volvo, and the only one I've had this many problems with!

Still loving it!
By geckoxv on 12/24/10 06:47 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I believe I researched, test drove and compared every SUV on the market. I eventually decided on the Volvo XC60. The Volvo brand has always meant quality and safety. However, when looking at BMW X5, Lexus or Mercedes the same things can be said. The decision was made when I test drove and the $$ was discussed. The test drive blew me away. I felt that the XC60 was everything I was looking for and more.

XC 60: My favorite Volvo yet!
By L Devoe on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Between my wife and myself we have owned 10 Volvos and consider ourselves Volvo for Life customers. Besides the obvious reputation for safety, Volvos have continued to improve their reliability, looks, and amenities over the years. The XC60 is the first Volvo SUV that I have purchased for myself. It is also the most comfortable Volvo that I have ever driven. I was impressed with the build quality, its pep on the road, and the new features such as blind spot alerts (BLIS) and rear view camera for backing up. The mileage is better than I expected with the 3.2L engine and the interior is dead quiet on the highway.

Nice ride in the Rocky Mountains
By Dan on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the second Volvo and this one is the best. It has so many great features and is fun to drive. City Safety was tested on my car at the dealer, boy did it work as designed. Very comfortable seats front and back. lot more good cargo room compared to Infinity and the electronic features are easy to work. Bluetooth is clear as a land line and auto-sync when I get into the car. The safety features of the car really impressed me and i really feel safe. Very quiet ride, almost as quiet as the Lexus with little outside noise. Good ground clearance better by 3" over my Acura MDX and much better handling and tighter feel on the road. I really enjoy driving it. Very happy.

Tire Problem
By bishop on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 4th Volvo and I have always enjoyed their style and solid feel. I have had the Volvo XC60 for a year now but have to say I am dissapointed in the low mileage, complex radio control and tire problem. The Pirelli tires are not wearing well. I have a 'whirling' sound that becomes louder with increased speed. Dealer says it's the tire tread and is expected. Frankly, I find it annoying. 10,000 miles later I discover prominate wear issues. The inside front tires are not wearing well--so with only 27,000 miles I'll have to replace the tires.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Volvo XC60 in VA is:

$109 per month*