The Swedish Warrior
By NAsh on
2002 Volvo XC AWD 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
"Vidar" the XC is a great boy. We have owned several Volvos during the past 20 years and this is our first Volvo we have owned since Ford took over. However, we have been surprised that Ford has not influenced Volvo at all. This car drives, handles, and has the same mannerisms as our previous Volvos. This car continues to bring me back to the reason why I bought my first Volvo in Sweden 20 years ago. It's roomy, practical, fuel efficient (about 23 avg.), and a car that you are always happy to get into. Knowing that Volvo has never let me down on trips and is one of the safest cars on the road always reassures me why I purchase them. Don't let just any mechanic work on a Volvo.
Favorite Features
Comfy heated seats, great traction in snow and rain, reliable, quite handsome, safe, good gas mileage for such a heavy car, very quick compared to previous Volvos I've owned. It's the best wagon you can get for the money!
Suggested Improvements
Transmission is blahhhh. A new transmission was put in a year or so ago at approx 65K. Transmission still jumps sometimes when put into drive, but told that it was just a quirk with this new transmission. Also, the square profile cross bars are really noisy!