Happy with my purchase so far
By Greg Rasa on
2010 Volvo V70 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
Had it 1K miles so far. Solid build. Nice ride. Great seats. Nice stereo. Quiet. Reasonably-priced luxury. Beats my old SUV in every way. Getting 21 mpg city so far. As for models I didn't buy: Audi A4 Avant was gorgeous but had terrible rear-seat legroom and bit of road noise. Passat wagon had lots of road noise. V70 won out on those counts and others. Also, it has 5yrs/60K full maintenance. My only beef: It was scarce in my area, so I didn't have many color choices. Scarce because Volvo would rather sell you an XC70 or 60 (for way more money); also most V70s are a factory buy, apparently. But V70's mileage is better than the XCs. V70 is sleek, solid, luxurious ... the quintessential Volvo.
Favorite Features
Seats. Bluetooth. Stereo. Smart key. Parking sensors (more handy than I would've imagined). Seat heaters, and the ton of heat/defrost ducts thruout. Blind-spot system. PZEV rating. Daughter loves the built-in booster seat. Car's design is elegant, both inside and out, with many thoughtful details.
Suggested Improvements
Mileage could be better yet. Rear-seat legroom could be better yet. I wish it had the A4's panoramic sunroof. The digital gas gauge leaves me a little cold, and I feel naked without a heat gauge. I wish it were a bit more nimble to drive, but it's not a sports car -- for a wagon, handling's great.