Used 2010 Volvo V70 3.2 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Back to Volvo
By Max

2010 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It has been a few years since I owned a Volvo , but this 2010 V70 is a marvelous vehicle. Downsized a little from a Honda Pilot (great vehicle too). The size is perfect for our needs, and the gas mileage is good too for a car of this size and weight(>30mpg on the interstate). Very comfortable and quiet with a solid build quality. Had to order the car from the factory and while it took 3 months to arrive, it was worth the wait.

Favorite Features

Interior layout, menu driven car controls, sound system is great, 5 year warranty and all services and wear items for 60k

Suggested Improvements

I'm still looking.

Happy with my purchase so far
By Greg Rasa

2010 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Had it 1K miles so far. Solid build. Nice ride. Great seats. Nice stereo. Quiet. Reasonably-priced luxury. Beats my old SUV in every way. Getting 21 mpg city so far. As for models I didn't buy: Audi A4 Avant was gorgeous but had terrible rear-seat legroom and bit of road noise. Passat wagon had lots of road noise. V70 won out on those counts and others. Also, it has 5yrs/60K full maintenance. My only beef: It was scarce in my area, so I didn't have many color choices. Scarce because Volvo would rather sell you an XC70 or 60 (for way more money); also most V70s are a factory buy, apparently. But V70's mileage is better than the XCs. V70 is sleek, solid, luxurious ... the quintessential Volvo.

Favorite Features

Seats. Bluetooth. Stereo. Smart key. Parking sensors (more handy than I would've imagined). Seat heaters, and the ton of heat/defrost ducts thruout. Blind-spot system. PZEV rating. Daughter loves the built-in booster seat. Car's design is elegant, both inside and out, with many thoughtful details.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage could be better yet. Rear-seat legroom could be better yet. I wish it had the A4's panoramic sunroof. The digital gas gauge leaves me a little cold, and I feel naked without a heat gauge. I wish it were a bit more nimble to drive, but it's not a sports car -- for a wagon, handling's great.

Finally could get rid of the SUV
By SUVFREE

2010 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am finally able to get back to a wagon after 5 years of SUV (2 XC 90s). What a great car the V70. Extremely comfortable; smooth and responsive engine; brisk and "sporty" handling. Rock solid/ safe feel. Way better gas mileage that the XC90s I test drove the XC 70, but did not like the external sheaths of plastic on the car, nor the raised ground clearance and the rougher ride. I do wish they made the v70 in AWD, but front wheel will be fine in snow with winter tires. The interior of the car is beautiful. better than BMW and rivaling Audi. Rear seat room is tremendous as is the trunk. Base sound system is more than acceptable. Best family hauler I can think of.

Favorite Features

Interior design/ergonomics, comfortable /supportive seats. Bluetooh and IPO interfaces

Suggested Improvements

None at this point.

I Love this Car
By SUV FREE

2010 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Volvo since 1998. (1998 V70, then 2 XC90s, now back to the v70.) This is my wife's car. I also own an Audi S4 and a BMW 1 Series I. I consider myself an "enthusiast driver". No, this V70 is not trying to compete with BMW and Audi wagons in terms of handling, but for the vast majority of drivers it will provide a superior level of comfort with more than acceptable handling. I test drove a BMW 5 series, and I much prefer the Volvo for my family car. The interior is fantastic, the seats ultra comfortable, and the ride is more smooth. The interior quality is way beyond VW. Compared to the XC90 (my last one a V8 Sport) this is WAY more fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Seats, Dashboard design, ride comfort, overall roominess

Suggested Improvements

none

SUV Convert
By ironman

2010 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I did not think I would ever own a wagon of any kind, however, after driving SUV's for years .... I realized that a wagon is just a lower, more affordable, more comfortable version. I have been extremely satisfied with this vehicle since day one. The difference in comfort(traded in a 2003 Lexus RX 300) is unbelievable. I decided to look beyond the ubiquitous Japanese vehicles and found an outstanding vehicle in this Volvo.....The root meaning for the word Volvo "rolling strength" certainly applies.

Favorite Features

comfort, comfort, comfort, quietness and yet sporty driving

Suggested Improvements

improved fuel economy.