2008 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Very pleased

2008 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

3.2 Wagon (3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Very pleased
By Bill on

2008 Volvo V70 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the car for three (3) months now and have been very pleased. I was looking for a vehicle that would be capable of towing a small pop-up camper, yet not be as bulky as an SUV - a station wagon was a good solution, and the car is very comfortable. As I was previously a Honda owner, fuel economy has been disappointing, but not unexpected. I average 22 to 23 mpg with my city driving and a tad over 25 mpg on the highway - not too bad all things considered, but I do use high octane fuel.

The vehicle is comfortable - even for a 6'4", all legs person. The interior is well appointed without being over the top and I do like the exterior styling. Others seem to find it pleasing as well.

My biggest concern is fuel economy, but as stated above, it is not unexpected, but something Volvo needs to develop more fuel efficient vehicles. I am hoping (and trusting) that my 2008 model has the reliability of the older Volvos.