Great so far
By TrackAHolic on
2008 Volvo V70 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
Bought to replace Dodge Dakota Quad Cab after having baby. Compared mostly against Dodge Magnum and BMW Sportswagon. Volvo had nicest interior and was reasonably roomy. Dodge had most room and great performance, but wife didn't like the styling. BMW had best cornering and steering feel, but was a little small. Car will be used for long cruises and day-to-day driving, so it was a perfect fit. Driving dynamics are sloppy, but it still has good overall grip and acceleration. The interior is beautiful, and really helped sell us on the car. It is a pleasure on any kind of drive, has a great stereo, is quiet, and roomy. I really like to drive it, and I typically drive a 350Z.
Favorite Features
Interior design. Exterior styling. Ipod interface cable (expensive but useful for "active listeners") Personal Car Communicator My rating may seem low due to driving performance, but I want to emphasize that the car is great for most driving and I expect it to be fantastic for longer trips.
Suggested Improvements
We've been getting about 22 MPG is city traffic, respectable, but seems a little low give the power. Slightly sportier ride with better steering feel. Nervous about reliability and long term value. Older Volvos were bulletproof, but newer ones make me wonder. Keeping my fingers crossed.