A classic wagon (with great seats)
By Peter on
2008 Volvo V70 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
This isn't necessarily a "fun" car, but it is comfortable, quiet and practical. I think it makes a lot of sense for a family that needs something big enough for kids and gear, but isn't interested in a minivan or SUV. The interior is beautifully designed and assembled. It is one of those cars where almost every design decision appears to have been driven by a lot of thought about ergonomics. Materials are generally high quality. While the base price might be 32K, it is difficult to find one without a lot of options (and a much higher MSRP). However, I was able to get a "left- over" 2008 at a bit over 25 percent off. I have had this car for only two weeks, so ignore my reliability score.
Favorite Features
The seats, blind spot information system (an option), smooth and quiet driving, the incredibly well thought- out trunk compartment
Suggested Improvements
It's a station wagon, but gas mileage is only marginally better than a mini- van. While the base engine (3.2 6 cyl.) is adequate and very smooth, it generally doesn't feel powerful. I would like to know where the extra gas is going... FM reception isn't great.