Used 2008 Volvo V70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L 6-cyl. 6-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )

A classic wagon (with great seats)
By Peter

2008 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This isn't necessarily a "fun" car, but it is comfortable, quiet and practical. I think it makes a lot of sense for a family that needs something big enough for kids and gear, but isn't interested in a minivan or SUV. The interior is beautifully designed and assembled. It is one of those cars where almost every design decision appears to have been driven by a lot of thought about ergonomics. Materials are generally high quality. While the base price might be 32K, it is difficult to find one without a lot of options (and a much higher MSRP). However, I was able to get a "left- over" 2008 at a bit over 25 percent off. I have had this car for only two weeks, so ignore my reliability score.

The seats, blind spot information system (an option), smooth and quiet driving, the incredibly well thought- out trunk compartment

It's a station wagon, but gas mileage is only marginally better than a mini- van. While the base engine (3.2 6 cyl.) is adequate and very smooth, it generally doesn't feel powerful. I would like to know where the extra gas is going... FM reception isn't great.

Great Automobile
By Wally

2008 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

A lot of fun to drive. Great handling. Excellent braking. Beautiful interior - very comfortable. This is my 7th Volvo and I'm not disappointed. Very classy exterior styling. With freeway driving I'm getting between 27 and 30.5 mpg.

Handing, comfort and styling. Very pleased with the gas mileage.

Center console is difficult to close when driving. The GPS system would be better if it had a touch screen.

V70 Just Arriving from Europe
By Randall S Over, P.E.

2008 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Picked up the car in Gothenburg, Sweden and drove 1800 miles through Europe. Very easy to handle, beautiful interior, typical great seats and well laid out dash, switches, gauges, etc. Evolutionary update to the design of my S60. If anyone is thinking of the European delivery program, do it, well worth it even with the current value of the US dollar vs the Euro and SEK.

Roominess, interior and exterior looks and ease of parking and steering given the size. Very comfortable and easy to drive.

Smaller engine with turbo, better mileage. However, we got between 24-25 miles/gallon going well, fast on the highways in Europe, with 4 people and gear. I expect similar mileage here in the states.

Well pleased
By Mike

2008 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is what you would expect from Volvo. Understated performance, design with good handling. This is my second Volvo wagon, previous 240. I love the wagon for the car ride with the hauling of a suv. Pleased with fuel economy. I commute 70 miles round trip daily on interstates and average 26 mpg.

Seats are outstanding. Lift gate gives great access to rear.

Some annoying road noise.

Very pleased
By Bill

2008 Volvo V70 Wagon 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the car for three (3) months now and have been very pleased. I was looking for a vehicle that would be capable of towing a small pop-up camper, yet not be as bulky as an SUV - a station wagon was a good solution, and the car is very comfortable. As I was previously a Honda owner, fuel economy has been disappointing, but not unexpected. I average 22 to 23 mpg with my city driving and a tad over 25 mpg on the highway - not too bad all things considered, but I do use high octane fuel.

The vehicle is comfortable - even for a 6'4", all legs person. The interior is well appointed without being over the top and I do like the exterior styling. Others seem to find it pleasing as well.

My biggest concern is fuel economy, but as stated above, it is not unexpected, but something Volvo needs to develop more fuel efficient vehicles. I am hoping (and trusting) that my 2008 model has the reliability of the older Volvos.