2007 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: We are now Volvo fans

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Review

We are now Volvo fans
By alphamobile on

2007 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Ours is a '07 model and we bought it in '10 with 32K miles. In two years I have put close to 30K miles on it. It being our first Volvo, and first Euro car for that matter of fact, it's been a very pleasant car. At first we were feeling iffy about due to our fear about the notorious high cost of maintenance of Euro cars. Fortunately, in two years the only repair expense (not including regular maint.) was $150 to replace the brake vacuum pump. It certainly helps that our local Volvo dealer repair shop has very competitive pricing. The car is quite powerful and handles quite well. Some critics say it's not very sporty when compared to BMW. But not everybody needs or really wants a BMW.

Comfort, powerful with decent fuel economy, handling, classy interior. I love the exterior so much, that I think it even looks better than the new V70. Most of all, I love it's versatility and utility. Not any other wagon will let you fold the rear seats completely flat AND fold down the front passenger seat back for extra long items. The near vertical rear door adds to the cargo space. Also, I don't have a hitch on mine but it has the towing capacity of a minivan.

Turning radius is big. But then we don't do U turns all the time so I can live with that.