2007 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: V70 first 6 months

2007 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

102,599 of 102,600 people found this review helpful
V70 first 6 months
By White on

2007 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

What a nice car! Bought it for safety reputation. Handles well, is comfortable and holds road like it's glued. Too much wind noise and low beams cut off too short. Fit and finish is first rate and car is tight, excpept for wind noise. Gets less fuel economy than other mid-sized domestic cars, which was a surprise. Get 21-23 in town and 26-29 in hilly country, so I guess that's not too bad. Guess I'm getting old, but it has one tough oil filter for a shade tree mechanic! Plenty speedy with 2.5 turbo. The run flat tires had defective sensors that dealer service did not understand and were impossible to fix. Eventually replaced. I like the car alot!

Favorite Features

The optional top line stability control feature was big reason for purchase. The auto wipers that sense rain are nice. I got the home link system which is great for my gated community. Seats are very comfortable and adjust easily, as does steering column tilt and telescope.

Suggested Improvements

Why does an expensive car like this not have a compass? Even my Chev. truck does! Low beam cut off is too short. The daylight running light feature requires that headlights remain on at all times. Given the price of replacement bulbs, I wish it could be turned off. Radio controls complicated.
Recommend (102,599) (1)