2007 Volvo V70 Consumer Review: Carl Moore Houston #2 Review

2007 Volvo V70 - Consumer Review

2.5T Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic)

Carl Moore Houston #2 Review
By Carl Moore Houston on

2007 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My first review was Oct 2007. Since then the V70 has 19,000 miles on it - low mileage. The door locks have gone crazy opening and closing at random and that was fixed. The main problem I have had is with rust buildup on the brake rotors and pads which cause wheel shimmy when braking. At first Volvo refused to cover under warranty citing normal wear and tear. Cost- almost $1000. After complaining to main office NJ, they agreed to cover the rotors but not the pads (all 4 wheels). Ridiculous. That's still $450. I have never had this problem in 47 years. I would never recommend to anyone to buy a new Volvo - they used to be really great cars when they were 4 cylinder cars. I still have 2 940s.

Style is great. Excellent for long trips. Rain sensor is great.

Brake rotors and pads. Brake rotors are subject to serious corrosion if not driven frequently. Never had this problem and I am 63 years old. Have had Volvos since 1985 but this is my last one.