2007 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
We are now Volvo fans
By alphamobile on 02/14/12 17:08 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Ours is a '07 model and we bought it in '10 with 32K miles. In two years I have put close to 30K miles on it. It being our first Volvo, and first Euro car for that matter of fact, it's been a very pleasant car. At first we were feeling iffy about due to our fear about the notorious high cost of maintenance of Euro cars. Fortunately, in two years the only repair expense (not including regular maint.) was $150 to replace the brake vacuum pump. It certainly helps that our local Volvo dealer repair shop has very competitive pricing. The car is quite powerful and handles quite well. Some critics say it's not very sporty when compared to BMW. But not everybody needs or really wants a BMW.

Solid, safe, comforable Swede
By sjulier on 10/17/11 17:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased this month with 33,400 miles. 2.4L base engine. I am returning to Volvo after Mercedes and Acura and purchased this car because of the seat comfort, overall safety and solid highway ride. I spend 22,00 miles a year on the highway so comfort is a priority. The seat is sublime, by far the best of any car I have owned, including past Volvo's. Speed sensitive steering makes it easy around town, heavy on the highway. Love the classic styling. No anxiety on I-95 in the rain, between trucks. The 2.4L base engine is underpowered, no C240 or TSX for sure. With premium fuel acceleration is acceptable. Frankly, I can see having this car for 300,000 miles.

Volvo Rocks My World
By Cheryl and Greg on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I wanted safety first. I got safety.I drive in ice and snow worry free laughing at all the other drivers who stay home in the winter. I wanted dependability. This car has 92,000 miles on it, and other than tires and oil changes, it has never, ever broken down. I bow down to Volvo as a nervous mom of 2 driving teenage daughters who have used it as their first car; as a family on vacation who can stuff more stuff in its cargo area than a truck;as owners of two Welsh corgis and two Newfoundlands who could not damage the leather interior no matter what they dragged aboard.It was expensive;now I know why: it will last forever and stay beautiful!It looks as good/performs as well as it did day one.

Carl Moore Houston #2 Review
By Carl Moore Houston on 07/16/10 10:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My first review was Oct 2007. Since then the V70 has 19,000 miles on it - low mileage. The door locks have gone crazy opening and closing at random and that was fixed. The main problem I have had is with rust buildup on the brake rotors and pads which cause wheel shimmy when braking. At first Volvo refused to cover under warranty citing normal wear and tear. Cost- almost $1000. After complaining to main office NJ, they agreed to cover the rotors but not the pads (all 4 wheels). Ridiculous. That's still $450. I have never had this problem in 47 years. I would never recommend to anyone to buy a new Volvo - they used to be really great cars when they were 4 cylinder cars. I still have 2 940s.

Comfortable with quirks
By mercuryct on 01/20/09 05:01 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Supremely comfortable as far as its seats go, 2.4 provides adequate power, feels very safe, understated looks. Its quirks can be very annoying, however. Chief among them are counterintuitive and slow-acting power door locks, needlessly complicated radio and climate controls, inadequate sun visors, unlit power-seat memory buttons. Not especially quiet in terms of engine noise. Fit and finish adequate but perhaps less than I expected. The dash trim is apparently real wood but finished to look cheaper than the plastic on my old Subaru. And might I add that tire-pressure sensors are a nightmare.

All Purpose Fun Vehicle
By Moi on 05/03/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great on the open road and mileage has been great city 25 highway 31 MPG. Handles better than my prior bmw even though it is a station wagon. Great for long trips and needing extra space. Too bad the 2008's are being redesigned and don't hold up against the 2007 V70

Just Bought One!
By Dave - LA on 03/03/08 02:01 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been wanting to purchase a V70 or XC70 for a few years. I swapped my Toyota 4Runner due to gas mileage for the V70. The Volvo drives and sounds a lot like my Honda Accord that I had 12 years ago! I love that Honda and I love the way this car drives. I will be using the car for surfing, so I opted for the optional roof racks which do produce some wind noise. The biggest suprise is the performance. I have owned 3 porsches and I currently own a 911. I must say the Volvo's pick up is excellent, and I can really feel the turbo's kick. I am very pleased with the car so far, and I hope to keep it for at least 8-10 years!

Carl's Review
By Carl Moore Houston on 11/04/07 19:58 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a 2007 V70 closeout which came with lots of options as a replacement for my wife's 940 which was totaled in a wreck -- great deal . The car is very comfortable driving and handling. The 2.5T has excellent pickup compared with the older B230F engine. Gas mileage is good -- approx 22 mpg around town.

Outstanding Value!
By volvo bill on 09/05/07 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great design for short people; offers plenty of visibility. Bought a luxury package that makes the car very attractive. Wish gas mileage were better, though, but at least it accepts regular gas without harming anything.

Well designed family wagon
By Michael on 05/03/07 16:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

V2.4L provides enough power for daily use. Ride is quiet and steering provides excellent handling. Excellent suspension. Good combination of engine and automatic transmission. Integrated child booster seat may not be comfortable for long distances since legs touch the edge of the seat. Leather interior will require a protective sheet for the baby seat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.