Used 2007 Volvo V70 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

We are now Volvo fans
By alphamobile

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Ours is a '07 model and we bought it in '10 with 32K miles. In two years I have put close to 30K miles on it. It being our first Volvo, and first Euro car for that matter of fact, it's been a very pleasant car. At first we were feeling iffy about due to our fear about the notorious high cost of maintenance of Euro cars. Fortunately, in two years the only repair expense (not including regular maint.) was $150 to replace the brake vacuum pump. It certainly helps that our local Volvo dealer repair shop has very competitive pricing. The car is quite powerful and handles quite well. Some critics say it's not very sporty when compared to BMW. But not everybody needs or really wants a BMW.

Favorite Features

Comfort, powerful with decent fuel economy, handling, classy interior. I love the exterior so much, that I think it even looks better than the new V70. Most of all, I love it's versatility and utility. Not any other wagon will let you fold the rear seats completely flat AND fold down the front passenger seat back for extra long items. The near vertical rear door adds to the cargo space. Also, I don't have a hitch on mine but it has the towing capacity of a minivan.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is big. But then we don't do U turns all the time so I can live with that.

Solid, safe, comforable Swede
By sjulier

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased this month with 33,400 miles. 2.4L base engine. I am returning to Volvo after Mercedes and Acura and purchased this car because of the seat comfort, overall safety and solid highway ride. I spend 22,00 miles a year on the highway so comfort is a priority. The seat is sublime, by far the best of any car I have owned, including past Volvo's. Speed sensitive steering makes it easy around town, heavy on the highway. Love the classic styling. No anxiety on I-95 in the rain, between trucks. The 2.4L base engine is underpowered, no C240 or TSX for sure. With premium fuel acceleration is acceptable. Frankly, I can see having this car for 300,000 miles.

Favorite Features

The seat. Excellent visibility. Powerful brakes. Quiet highway ride. Crash worthiness. Interior ergonomics: simple and straightforward. Elegant, timeless styling.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter suspension. Less brake dust! (Yikes!) Sunglass holder in center console.

Volvo Rocks My World
By Cheryl and Greg

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I wanted safety first. I got safety.I drive in ice and snow worry free laughing at all the other drivers who stay home in the winter. I wanted dependability. This car has 92,000 miles on it, and other than tires and oil changes, it has never, ever broken down. I bow down to Volvo as a nervous mom of 2 driving teenage daughters who have used it as their first car; as a family on vacation who can stuff more stuff in its cargo area than a truck;as owners of two Welsh corgis and two Newfoundlands who could not damage the leather interior no matter what they dragged aboard.It was expensive;now I know why: it will last forever and stay beautiful!It looks as good/performs as well as it did day one.

Favorite Features

solid construction-a gale force wind doesn't make it budge. Beautiful interior. Adjustable seats (I am short). Sound system. Anti-lock brakes.

Suggested Improvements

More driver easy-access storage space.

Carl Moore Houston #2 Review
By Carl Moore Houston

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My first review was Oct 2007. Since then the V70 has 19,000 miles on it - low mileage. The door locks have gone crazy opening and closing at random and that was fixed. The main problem I have had is with rust buildup on the brake rotors and pads which cause wheel shimmy when braking. At first Volvo refused to cover under warranty citing normal wear and tear. Cost- almost $1000. After complaining to main office NJ, they agreed to cover the rotors but not the pads (all 4 wheels). Ridiculous. That's still $450. I have never had this problem in 47 years. I would never recommend to anyone to buy a new Volvo - they used to be really great cars when they were 4 cylinder cars. I still have 2 940s.

Favorite Features

Style is great. Excellent for long trips. Rain sensor is great.

Suggested Improvements

Brake rotors and pads. Brake rotors are subject to serious corrosion if not driven frequently. Never had this problem and I am 63 years old. Have had Volvos since 1985 but this is my last one.

Comfortable with quirks
By mercuryct

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Supremely comfortable as far as its seats go, 2.4 provides adequate power, feels very safe, understated looks. Its quirks can be very annoying, however. Chief among them are counterintuitive and slow-acting power door locks, needlessly complicated radio and climate controls, inadequate sun visors, unlit power-seat memory buttons. Not especially quiet in terms of engine noise. Fit and finish adequate but perhaps less than I expected. The dash trim is apparently real wood but finished to look cheaper than the plastic on my old Subaru. And might I add that tire-pressure sensors are a nightmare.

Favorite Features

Comfort, size, sense of safety, classic looks.

Suggested Improvements

Pay more attention to the details of design and fit and finish. The pictogram climate controls are cute but unnecessary. (Have someone other than a dashboard designer evaluate them.) And test visors under all conditions. Rethink the power locks.