Used 2007 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo V70

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

My 8th Volvo since 1977
By Charles T

2007 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

THis is the best Volvo I have owned...the 8th and the 5th wagon. VERY comfortable...classy....safe. I love it. I bought it with 39,000 miles. And hiway mileage is always 29-31mpg.

This is one classy car!
By Dave

2007 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I just love this car. It's my first Volvo, purchased pre-owned with 110K miles. Solid heavy car. Hugs the road like a leech. Peppy 2.5L turbo. More than enough acceleration for me even with a full load. Gas mileage is adequate around town (approx 21), very good highway mileage. Interior fittings are high quality. The leather is thick and supple. So far she has been very reliable. The front passenger window came off it's track, and the dealer had to replace part of the mechanism inside the door. It was partially covered by an extended warranty. The only other issue I have had is with the radio (HU650 standard factory radio) where the AM band stopped working.

I would definitely buy another one. In fact after having now owned this car for almost 2 years, my wife wants an XC90 for herself.

Like other posters mentioned, the turning circle is not good. U Turns can be tricky.

We are now Volvo fans
By alphamobile

2007 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Ours is a '07 model and we bought it in '10 with 32K miles.
In two years I have put close to 30K miles on it.
It being our first Volvo, and first Euro car for that matter of fact, it's been a very pleasant car.
At first we were feeling iffy about due to our fear about the notorious high cost of maintenance of Euro cars.
Fortunately, in two years the only repair expense (not including regular maint.) was $150 to replace the brake vacuum pump.
It certainly helps that our local Volvo dealer repair shop has very competitive pricing.
The car is quite powerful and handles quite well.
Some critics say it's not very sporty when compared to BMW.
But not everybody needs or really wants a BMW.

Comfort, powerful with decent fuel economy, handling, classy interior. I love the exterior so much, that I think it even looks better than the new V70. Most of all, I love it's versatility and utility. Not any other wagon will let you fold the rear seats completely flat AND fold down the front passenger seat back for extra long items. The near vertical rear door adds to the cargo space. Also, I don't have a hitch on mine but it has the towing capacity of a minivan.

Turning radius is big. But then we don't do U turns all the time so I can live with that.

Solid, safe, comforable Swede
By sjulier

2007 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased this month with 33,400 miles. 2.4L base engine.
I am returning to Volvo after Mercedes and Acura and purchased this car because of the seat comfort, overall safety and solid highway ride.
I spend 22,00 miles a year on the highway so comfort is a priority.
The seat is sublime, by far the best of any car I have owned, including past Volvo's. Speed sensitive steering makes it easy around town, heavy on the highway.
Love the classic styling.
No anxiety on I-95 in the rain, between trucks. The 2.4L base engine is underpowered, no C240 or TSX for sure.
With premium fuel acceleration is acceptable. Frankly, I can see having this car for 300,000 miles.

The seat. Excellent visibility. Powerful brakes. Quiet highway ride. Crash worthiness. Interior ergonomics: simple and straightforward. Elegant, timeless styling.

Tighter suspension. Less brake dust! (Yikes!) Sunglass holder in center console.

V70R Revelation
By Affecionato

2007 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had numerous Volvo wagons, including a 740, 850 and V70T5. I've also owned from Acuras to VW's but nothing comes close to the R. Turbocharged engines have been used by the Swedes for decades, and are now more and more in vogue with certain German makers. They offer the low-end torque appreciated in our driving environment. The R has the ability to go from a high speed cruiser to a fun car that can be easily tossed around. It is the ultimate sleeper wagon with all the traditional Volvo attributes. The leather is beautiful and the interior is understated and built to last for decades.

Four-C Chassis, Close to 300 Ft-lbs at low RPM with six speed auto, seats, driving position and phenomenal stereo. The ultimate Q-Ship

Turning radius