The Real Deal Rocket
By drcjj on
2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
Wow, I've had this car for 5 mos. and over 8K miles and it's only been in the shop for the 7.5k service, tire balance and a headlight aiming (set way too low for mountain driving). My previous car was a Porsche Cayenne S, always in the shop for visits, now I'm free to just drive, YAAY! My friends were curious why, well it's way faster, better gas mileage, equal brakes (Brembo) and the controls for HVAC and audio actually make sense at a glance. As for driving, I've enjoyed the glaring looks from hot rod sounding mustangs etc. I stay with them as they grind and wail along attempting to show off a bit. My V70R just makes this humming sound, not very impressive I guess. I Love it!
Favorite Features
Love the nearly unlimited torque and power fantastic for mountain driving! Great Brembo brakes at the cost of turning radius. Quick handling, excellent dash layout, seats and ergonomics. Getting 26 mpg on high speed mountain road trips while blowing by all the Winnebago's and SUV's
Suggested Improvements
Headlights and fog lights need an upgrade, turning circle too large, stock Pirelli tires are noisy and out of round half the time, worse if the car sits for more than 72 hrs. I'd like to see a heads up display and better road noise control, a darker standard window tint would be nice too.