Used 2006 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo V70

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

The Real Deal Rocket
By drcjj

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, I've had this car for 5 mos. and over 8K miles and it's only been in the shop for the 7.5k service, tire balance and a headlight aiming (set way too low for mountain driving). My previous car was a Porsche Cayenne S, always in the shop for visits, now I'm free to just drive, YAAY! My friends were curious why, well it's way faster, better gas mileage, equal brakes (Brembo) and the controls for HVAC and audio actually make sense at a glance. As for driving, I've enjoyed the glaring looks from hot rod sounding mustangs etc. I stay with them as they grind and wail along attempting to show off a bit. My V70R just makes this humming sound, not very impressive I guess. I Love it!

Favorite Features

Love the nearly unlimited torque and power fantastic for mountain driving! Great Brembo brakes at the cost of turning radius. Quick handling, excellent dash layout, seats and ergonomics. Getting 26 mpg on high speed mountain road trips while blowing by all the Winnebago's and SUV's

Suggested Improvements

Headlights and fog lights need an upgrade, turning circle too large, stock Pirelli tires are noisy and out of round half the time, worse if the car sits for more than 72 hrs. I'd like to see a heads up display and better road noise control, a darker standard window tint would be nice too.

Great choice for my wife.
By Robert

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My wife wanted to consider a Volvo V70 wagon as her next choice in an updated auto. She also wanted to get-out of her SUV as well as improved fuel economy. She likes the style and comfort of the interior a lot as well as the established safety record. We both have been very happy with this new car.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for shopping, carrying family and pets. Very nice interior and quite comfortable seating & leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel fill ports on both sides of the car. This would ease the jockying around in fuel fill-up lines at COSTCO and other gas stations. Why not add duel gas fill sites on the car for convenience?

Gas Hog! Like an SUV
By AndyH

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a solid, quality and well appointed car. Feels like it is worth the money and is comfortable to drive. Great capacity and a steady family hauler. However, the real world fuel economy is far worse than claimed by Volvo. If you care about emissions and fuel economy you should not buy this car. I am not sure how Volvo manages to fool EPA ratings but the real world fuel consumption is more like an SUV than a sedan or wagon. I would not buy again due to this.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, comfort and solid build.

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel economy or advertise realistic numbers so consumers can make educated choices. The Volvo mechanics know that these things suck gas, so marketing has missed the message.

2.4L 4-dr Wagon Automatic
By JR

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

You can feel quality in the ride and for a station wagon, it handles surprisely well. The instrumentation panel is easy to read and manipulate (within easy reach.)The gauges are visually appealing. My previous car had Bose stereo, the Volvo, although not Bose, it can be argued sounds somewhat comparable. Pick-up and go won't leave you quivering when passing another vehicle. With recent money incentives, you can hardly beat the price compared to comparable vehicles. If you must drive a station wagon, the Volvo is the way to go.

Favorite Features

The ride, visibility, more cargo space for the money (base price) and the driver's seat adjustment features.

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle options too expensive.

it's a great car happy we picked it
By frankie

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

we looked at vans and other cars out nothing jumped out at us like it. we have a large family and was able to order the 3rd roll this gave us a total of 7 seat. we are happy to own it and if things keep going like it is we will never buy any other car but a volvo.

Favorite Features

the seats wow what a drive fills like frist class all the way.

Suggested Improvements

can't think of anything i would add.