2006 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
So far, so good
By V70inSacramento on 09/12/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I finally decided to splurge and buy a midlife crisis car after 12 yrs with a Civic. Much to everyone's surprise I purchased a used Volvo V70 2.5T; everyone thought I'd buy an Outback. So far, I'm very happy with the car: comfortable, quick, good handling, hauls lots of stuff, great AC and heated seats. I wish the gas mileage were a bit higher, but waiting to take a longer trip to see what happens. The car also has a very large turning radius but it's due to the 17" tires. I think I got a good deal by going out of State (to Texas) - I saved about $10K off MSRP by buying one with 6K miles, plus it had the extended 6yr/100K warranty. I'm hoping for many years of driving satifaction!

Love this car
By VolvoR on 08/14/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Add BSR softloader, IPD sway bars and springs, aftercat and for about 2500 you have totally different "anymal", capable taking on M3, SRT8...

Still the best wagon
By rickc on 05/04/06 06:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

In 30 years this is my fourth Volvo and my first brand new one.. I always go out intending to buy a Toyota or a Subaru but always come home with a Volvo. Volvo may not often be the most reliable,the most economical and maybe not even the safest car in tests, but the comfort and ergonomics of the cabin is still unsurpassed. The 2006 in comparison to previous years (I also own a 1999) has a much smoother drive train and is certainly quieter under acceleration.

A blast to drive!!!!
By Peter on 04/17/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has put the "fun" back into driving....and at a reasonable price. I shopped around a ton before buying my 2006 V70R. Nothing else came close! If you want lots of room without the SUV size,if you need safety, quality, speed, handling, this car is it. There are a few negatives though. Front bumper clearance is a concern everytime I park. The ride can be a jarring at times...price to pay for a "sporty" suspension, even in comfort mode. but the thing that bugs me the most is the turning radius. It's huge. I knew all of this going into this relationship. Bottom line. I love this car. Leaving an Acura TL/BMW 3 series at a light wondering what just happened is priceless!!!!

You get what you pay for...cheap car
By JP on 04/12/06 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Very comfortable seats, ride is rough and inside cabin rattles. It's always in the shop. The car has been in the shop since ownership for a totaling of almost two months. The customer service at the headquarter is terrible and unsupportive. They do not follow- up on complaints. The most I have received from them is a pen and a survey on their services. I have a love-hate relationship with this car. Only if they have meticulously put the pieces together, this would be one of the best cars I have driven. Would I own another Volvo? NO on the company, NO on the dealer, NO on the car, YES on the seats.

Zippy comfort
By raddoc on 04/08/06 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ordered this car 3 months ago to replace Audi A6 2.7T. The car came in two weeks early, a first in my experience. Extremely comfortable sport style seats are even better than the seats on all of our previous vehicles - including 2005 Benz. This wagon is a great value compared to MB, BMW and Audi for size, performance and absolute $$$ spent.

Practical Fun, with emphasis on the FUN
By MountainBiker on 03/24/06 05:36 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the V70R for 5 months now and what a blast to drive. This is a great all around car. Its interior is well done an presents a great image for driving clients around. Its handling makes you feel like a kid again and the storage space is as good or better than many SUV's. I moved to this car from a SUV and won't go back! Just as safe and a whole lot more fun going from A to B. The dealer approach seems to be a theme with Volvo. This is the second Volvo I leased from Volvo of Lisle and they could not have been easier to deal with, before and after my purchase. I give the dealer a 10 out of 10, especially when compared with previous dealer experiences.

They just keep improving
By Ken J on 03/01/06 06:47 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been driving Volvo's since 1969. I think my loyalty is unsurpassed! I started with a 122S and have owned P1800's, 200 series, 7 series and 94, 97, 00, 03 and 06 wagons. My wife is currently driving a kool 05 V50 that we both enjoy driving. My current 06 is a T5 model with high pressure turbo. I ordered pretty much anything I could on this one and it is as close to perfect as any car I have driven. People are always on deck to pick up my 3 yr. old model at replacement time. My 06 has been blessed with 2 1/2 lowering springs and 19" wheels. The glass is deeply shaded and when I park it anywhere or drive through town it turns heads. The last 4 wagons have seldom required ANY warranty work.

best car ever!
By bob bob on 12/31/05 23:01 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

good handling, very safe, good visibility, very comfortable, nice car, heated seats, i will drive it for a long time, best car in the world

Transformation of Volvo
By Tom on 12/15/05 08:07 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Having been a Volvo owner for 25 years, I was surprised by how more luxurious this Volvo was from my older Volvos. Great ride,power, and comfort. Also, great upgraded sound system.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.