2006 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Great family cruiser
By capemaymatt on 05/18/07 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We bought our red stick shift V70 last summer, and are very pleased with it. If you want a 7 passenger vehicle (we got the rear rumble seat) without having to drive a huge SUV or minivan, this is it. It's not tremendously sporty, but has adequate pickup and corners well. It's also very comfortable for long drives. Service and parts are very expensive.

Safety, Features, Comfort & Performance
By DO on 01/22/07 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After 12 months, still impressed. Purchased after extensive research and test drives of several brands in a quest for a wagon-- closest competitors were Mazda6, Audi and BMW 3 series wagons. (BMW 3 series wagons impossible to find, plus dealers not helpful.) Gas mileage has actually improved over time to about 22 mpg around town-- dealer recommended using Chevron regular grade and it has performed well. Brake check valve and outside mirror glass replaced under warranty right after delivery. Otherwise trouble-free. Dealer/service has been great.

What else is there?
By happyR on 01/21/07 00:07 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Can't be beat; it took a long time to find the manual transmission I wanted, but it was worth the wait. . I've got a big dog and love to have a little fun while driving her around: the Volvo simply wins by default!

2006 V70 R
By LP on 01/12/07 08:09 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car and is comparable and better than cars costing much more. Very smooth 6 speed Automatic transmission and lots and lots of power. This is a high performance car in sheepÂ’s clothing.

Great car, great buy!
By Iowaman on 01/11/07 11:19 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Bought this "last year" model at considerable savings, really not much more than "non premium" cars we considered. I now understand why people buy luxury automobiles. This car is incredibly smooth, quiet, and comfortable. The leather seating is superb and the vehicle feels very solid in its construction. Cars and trucks passing by produce hardly any noise in the cabin, unlike the SUV we traded in, where we had to shout to be heard. The Volvo safety features also make it a great purchase.

The Real Deal Rocket
By drcjj on 12/03/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, I've had this car for 5 mos. and over 8K miles and it's only been in the shop for the 7.5k service, tire balance and a headlight aiming (set way too low for mountain driving). My previous car was a Porsche Cayenne S, always in the shop for visits, now I'm free to just drive, YAAY! My friends were curious why, well it's way faster, better gas mileage, equal brakes (Brembo) and the controls for HVAC and audio actually make sense at a glance. As for driving, I've enjoyed the glaring looks from hot rod sounding mustangs etc. I stay with them as they grind and wail along attempting to show off a bit. My V70R just makes this humming sound, not very impressive I guess. I Love it!

Great choice for my wife.
By Robert on 10/31/06 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My wife wanted to consider a Volvo V70 wagon as her next choice in an updated auto. She also wanted to get-out of her SUV as well as improved fuel economy. She likes the style and comfort of the interior a lot as well as the established safety record. We both have been very happy with this new car.

Gas Hog! Like an SUV
By AndyH on 10/24/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a solid, quality and well appointed car. Feels like it is worth the money and is comfortable to drive. Great capacity and a steady family hauler. However, the real world fuel economy is far worse than claimed by Volvo. If you care about emissions and fuel economy you should not buy this car. I am not sure how Volvo manages to fool EPA ratings but the real world fuel consumption is more like an SUV than a sedan or wagon. I would not buy again due to this.

2.4L 4-dr Wagon Automatic
By JR on 10/04/06 16:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

You can feel quality in the ride and for a station wagon, it handles surprisely well. The instrumentation panel is easy to read and manipulate (within easy reach.)The gauges are visually appealing. My previous car had Bose stereo, the Volvo, although not Bose, it can be argued sounds somewhat comparable. Pick-up and go won't leave you quivering when passing another vehicle. With recent money incentives, you can hardly beat the price compared to comparable vehicles. If you must drive a station wagon, the Volvo is the way to go.

it's a great car happy we picked it
By frankie on 09/28/06 22:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

we looked at vans and other cars out nothing jumped out at us like it. we have a large family and was able to order the 3rd roll this gave us a total of 7 seat. we are happy to own it and if things keep going like it is we will never buy any other car but a volvo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.