Used 2006 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

06 V70 2.5T
By Mr Vette

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this car used in March. The fuel economy is not too bad compairable to my 97 Honda Accord. Interior comfort is a little lacking. Performace is good. May buy a used 08 next year if it is more comfortable inside. Car has nav system. I hate it, gets on my nerves! 3rd row seat is also useless

Comfort on highway. Performance,

More positons for drivers seat. My 96 Dodge Ram had more adjustments!

One of the best turbo wagons out there
By Feh

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Very nicely styled, stands out from the average V70. Nice Pegasus 17" rims. Very good inline-5 turbo, twin-intercooled engine. Smooth 6-speed auto transmission. Adjustable continuously control chassis concept suspension is great: click, and you are in comfort mode, another click, and suspension fully tightens. Amazing! Excellent 4-piston Brembo brakes all around. Thick rimmed, sporty steering wheel. Leather-wrapper everywhere. One of the most comfortable seats I've had in a car. HU-850 unit is awesome, Nav unit is OK.

Powerful engine. Powerful brakes. Awesome styling. Nice HIDs without the annoying cutoff.

Brakes are really touchy (on/off almost). Fog lights need improvement. Some interior panels need more robustness. Nordkap leather had some dye flaws. Intercooler pipe over the engine is weak, brackets breaks and rubs hood liner.

Unhappy Volvo V70
By JMK

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

An ok car. Minor rattle from dash vent, should not be in a car costing over 40K. Also lacks some comfort features and storage spaces. Rear leg room is poor. If you buy this car be prepared to give up some nifty stuff .

Seats, power and utility.

More toys for the driver to play with. More handy storage.

Worth the Money for the Seats
By David

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife had decided she wanted more than a Japanese car, one that will go over 200K (like all our other cars). We looked at Outback, Camry, Accord, and Passat. Camry and Accord no longer come in wagons, and we didn't like the Subaru. Saab, BMW and Audi were overpriced. We were so impressed with the seats and the Volvo reputation for safety we bought it. Absolutely no problems, 25 MPG city, 31 MPG highway. Not too shabby for a turbo. The 5 cylinder is a little rough compared to a V6, but the car has a smooth ride.

Seats. Excellent build quality, no squeaks or rattles. Good acceleration.

Upgrade "packages" don't combine real world features.

My Sports Car Replacement
By V70 R AWD

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We are pleasantly surprised. We had to find a family vehicle to replace the not so family friendly 03 Porsche 911. My new replacement vehicle is a wolf is sheepís clothing: fun, fast with room for our new addition (our daughter) and the family dog. I was not expecting the performance that is provided in this car from a Volvo, not to mention a wagon. As it stands now, I donít even miss my beloved Porsche. Interior is well laid out and all functions are easy to operate. As for fuel mileage, average 26.1 mpg; this is higher than the 25 mpg advertised in every review Iíve read thus far. Love it!

Sport car performance with SUV functionality.

Better turning radius at low speeds.

• SUV