2006 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
06 V70 2.5T
By Mr Vette on 06/06/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this car used in March. The fuel economy is not too bad compairable to my 97 Honda Accord. Interior comfort is a little lacking. Performace is good. May buy a used 08 next year if it is more comfortable inside. Car has nav system. I hate it, gets on my nerves! 3rd row seat is also useless

Unhappy Volvo V70
By JMK on 12/30/07 15:47 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

An ok car. Minor rattle from dash vent, should not be in a car costing over 40K. Also lacks some comfort features and storage spaces. Rear leg room is poor. If you buy this car be prepared to give up some nifty stuff .

Worth the Money for the Seats
By David on 08/14/07 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife had decided she wanted more than a Japanese car, one that will go over 200K (like all our other cars). We looked at Outback, Camry, Accord, and Passat. Camry and Accord no longer come in wagons, and we didn't like the Subaru. Saab, BMW and Audi were overpriced. We were so impressed with the seats and the Volvo reputation for safety we bought it. Absolutely no problems, 25 MPG city, 31 MPG highway. Not too shabby for a turbo. The 5 cylinder is a little rough compared to a V6, but the car has a smooth ride.

Safety, Features, Comfort & Performance
By DO on 01/22/07 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

After 12 months, still impressed. Purchased after extensive research and test drives of several brands in a quest for a wagon-- closest competitors were Mazda6, Audi and BMW 3 series wagons. (BMW 3 series wagons impossible to find, plus dealers not helpful.) Gas mileage has actually improved over time to about 22 mpg around town-- dealer recommended using Chevron regular grade and it has performed well. Brake check valve and outside mirror glass replaced under warranty right after delivery. Otherwise trouble-free. Dealer/service has been great.

Gas Hog! Like an SUV
By AndyH on 10/24/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a solid, quality and well appointed car. Feels like it is worth the money and is comfortable to drive. Great capacity and a steady family hauler. However, the real world fuel economy is far worse than claimed by Volvo. If you care about emissions and fuel economy you should not buy this car. I am not sure how Volvo manages to fool EPA ratings but the real world fuel consumption is more like an SUV than a sedan or wagon. I would not buy again due to this.

You get what you pay for...cheap car
By JP on 04/12/06 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Very comfortable seats, ride is rough and inside cabin rattles. It's always in the shop. The car has been in the shop since ownership for a totaling of almost two months. The customer service at the headquarter is terrible and unsupportive. They do not follow- up on complaints. The most I have received from them is a pen and a survey on their services. I have a love-hate relationship with this car. Only if they have meticulously put the pieces together, this would be one of the best cars I have driven. Would I own another Volvo? NO on the company, NO on the dealer, NO on the car, YES on the seats.

They just keep improving
By Ken J on 03/01/06 06:47 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been driving Volvo's since 1969. I think my loyalty is unsurpassed! I started with a 122S and have owned P1800's, 200 series, 7 series and 94, 97, 00, 03 and 06 wagons. My wife is currently driving a kool 05 V50 that we both enjoy driving. My current 06 is a T5 model with high pressure turbo. I ordered pretty much anything I could on this one and it is as close to perfect as any car I have driven. People are always on deck to pick up my 3 yr. old model at replacement time. My 06 has been blessed with 2 1/2 lowering springs and 19" wheels. The glass is deeply shaded and when I park it anywhere or drive through town it turns heads. The last 4 wagons have seldom required ANY warranty work.

best car ever!
By bob bob on 12/31/05 23:01 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

good handling, very safe, good visibility, very comfortable, nice car, heated seats, i will drive it for a long time, best car in the world

Transformation of Volvo
By Tom on 12/15/05 08:07 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Having been a Volvo owner for 25 years, I was surprised by how more luxurious this Volvo was from my older Volvos. Great ride,power, and comfort. Also, great upgraded sound system.

Fun for Mom
By CentIndy on 08/15/05 12:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Fun to drive for those who don't want the boring ride of a mini-van. Has plenty of space for everything you need. Can drive on long trips and not get so fatigued.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.