Used 2006 Volvo V70 R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo V70 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (14 reviews )

Great Car
By Steve

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had many Volvos and this is by far my favorite. It has all that you would expect from a Volvo wagon, plus it's fun to drive.

Volvo seats are the best. This car has a great sound system - the engine is fun and I'm getting 22 mpg. Seems the harder I drive it, the better the mpg's are.

Nothing really. The turning radius, but you get used to it.

One of the best turbo wagons out there
By Feh

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Very nicely styled, stands out from the average V70. Nice Pegasus 17" rims. Very good inline-5 turbo, twin-intercooled engine. Smooth 6-speed auto transmission. Adjustable continuously control chassis concept suspension is great: click, and you are in comfort mode, another click, and suspension fully tightens. Amazing! Excellent 4-piston Brembo brakes all around. Thick rimmed, sporty steering wheel. Leather-wrapper everywhere. One of the most comfortable seats I've had in a car. HU-850 unit is awesome, Nav unit is OK.

Powerful engine. Powerful brakes. Awesome styling. Nice HIDs without the annoying cutoff.

Brakes are really touchy (on/off almost). Fog lights need improvement. Some interior panels need more robustness. Nordkap leather had some dye flaws. Intercooler pipe over the engine is weak, brackets breaks and rubs hood liner.

My Sports Car Replacement
By V70 R AWD

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We are pleasantly surprised. We had to find a family vehicle to replace the not so family friendly 03 Porsche 911. My new replacement vehicle is a wolf is sheepís clothing: fun, fast with room for our new addition (our daughter) and the family dog. I was not expecting the performance that is provided in this car from a Volvo, not to mention a wagon. As it stands now, I donít even miss my beloved Porsche. Interior is well laid out and all functions are easy to operate. As for fuel mileage, average 26.1 mpg; this is higher than the 25 mpg advertised in every review Iíve read thus far. Love it!

Sport car performance with SUV functionality.

Better turning radius at low speeds.

Unassuming yet Striking
By 06V70R

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My V70R has been an absolute pleasure to own. This is a drivers car! My last two cars were the XCV70 and V70T5. The R puts these two cars to shame. With a one hour commute each way I am enjoying the car more each day. From seat support and comfort to sheer power the V70R for the money is the best performance and value on the market today.

The Atacama Natural Leather interior with the Black Sapphire Metalic paint makes this one of the best looking cars on the road. This striking combination will make even the most enthusiastic BMW or Benz owners envious.

The factory installed Sirius radio and iPod adapters are limited and do not allow full feature access to these technologies.

What else is there?
By happyR

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Can't be beat; it took a long time to find the manual transmission I wanted, but it was worth the wait. . I've got a big dog and love to have a little fun while driving her around: the Volvo simply wins by default!

Acceleration, front seats, premium stereo w/ sub-woofer, Atacama leather, volume for critters and cargo...

high beams not up to snuff; turning radius poor, but not as poor as nissans I have owned.