2006 Volvo V70 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (14 reviews )
Great Car
By Steve on 01/25/10 12:29 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had many Volvos and this is by far my favorite. It has all that you would expect from a Volvo wagon, plus it's fun to drive.

One of the best turbo wagons out there
By Feh on 05/05/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Very nicely styled, stands out from the average V70. Nice Pegasus 17" rims. Very good inline-5 turbo, twin-intercooled engine. Smooth 6-speed auto transmission. Adjustable continuously control chassis concept suspension is great: click, and you are in comfort mode, another click, and suspension fully tightens. Amazing! Excellent 4-piston Brembo brakes all around. Thick rimmed, sporty steering wheel. Leather-wrapper everywhere. One of the most comfortable seats I've had in a car. HU-850 unit is awesome, Nav unit is OK.

My Sports Car Replacement
By V70 R AWD on 08/09/07 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We are pleasantly surprised. We had to find a family vehicle to replace the not so family friendly 03 Porsche 911. My new replacement vehicle is a wolf is sheepís clothing: fun, fast with room for our new addition (our daughter) and the family dog. I was not expecting the performance that is provided in this car from a Volvo, not to mention a wagon. As it stands now, I donít even miss my beloved Porsche. Interior is well laid out and all functions are easy to operate. As for fuel mileage, average 26.1 mpg; this is higher than the 25 mpg advertised in every review Iíve read thus far. Love it!

Unassuming yet Striking
By 06V70R on 08/08/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My V70R has been an absolute pleasure to own. This is a drivers car! My last two cars were the XCV70 and V70T5. The R puts these two cars to shame. With a one hour commute each way I am enjoying the car more each day. From seat support and comfort to sheer power the V70R for the money is the best performance and value on the market today.

What else is there?
By happyR on 01/21/07 00:07 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Can't be beat; it took a long time to find the manual transmission I wanted, but it was worth the wait. . I've got a big dog and love to have a little fun while driving her around: the Volvo simply wins by default!

2006 V70 R
By LP on 01/12/07 08:09 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car and is comparable and better than cars costing much more. Very smooth 6 speed Automatic transmission and lots and lots of power. This is a high performance car in sheepís clothing.

The Real Deal Rocket
By drcjj on 12/03/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, I've had this car for 5 mos. and over 8K miles and it's only been in the shop for the 7.5k service, tire balance and a headlight aiming (set way too low for mountain driving). My previous car was a Porsche Cayenne S, always in the shop for visits, now I'm free to just drive, YAAY! My friends were curious why, well it's way faster, better gas mileage, equal brakes (Brembo) and the controls for HVAC and audio actually make sense at a glance. As for driving, I've enjoyed the glaring looks from hot rod sounding mustangs etc. I stay with them as they grind and wail along attempting to show off a bit. My V70R just makes this humming sound, not very impressive I guess. I Love it!

Love this car
By VolvoR on 08/14/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Add BSR softloader, IPD sway bars and springs, aftercat and for about 2500 you have totally different "anymal", capable taking on M3, SRT8...

A blast to drive!!!!
By Peter on 04/17/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has put the "fun" back into driving....and at a reasonable price. I shopped around a ton before buying my 2006 V70R. Nothing else came close! If you want lots of room without the SUV size,if you need safety, quality, speed, handling, this car is it. There are a few negatives though. Front bumper clearance is a concern everytime I park. The ride can be a jarring at times...price to pay for a "sporty" suspension, even in comfort mode. but the thing that bugs me the most is the turning radius. It's huge. I knew all of this going into this relationship. Bottom line. I love this car. Leaving an Acura TL/BMW 3 series at a light wondering what just happened is priceless!!!!

Zippy comfort
By raddoc on 04/08/06 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ordered this car 3 months ago to replace Audi A6 2.7T. The car came in two weeks early, a first in my experience. Extremely comfortable sport style seats are even better than the seats on all of our previous vehicles - including 2005 Benz. This wagon is a great value compared to MB, BMW and Audi for size, performance and absolute $$$ spent.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.