2006 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
Just couldn't cut it
By William on 07/20/10 23:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased pre-owned to replace XC90 which died. Low mileage example, super clean. Had to have the extra room afforded, but just couldn't handle the minor issues over the two months of ownership. Drove 6000 miles in those two months with dash and dash VIN rattle. Incredibly rough ride for a "luxury" wagon. Traded to a 4Runner and it has a smoother ride. After only two months simply had to give up and eat the depreciation. I avg 35,000 miles/yr.

Great Car
By Steve on 01/25/10 12:29 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had many Volvos and this is by far my favorite. It has all that you would expect from a Volvo wagon, plus it's fun to drive.

An excellent family car
By Christopher on 08/05/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first Volvo I have owned and I have never regretted buying it. The safety features offer peace of mind. The car's performance is very good and reliability is way above average. I have literally had nothing to do but scheduled maintenance + change 2 tires in 3 years. Legroom in the rear seat is cramped a bit for larger adults but teens and kids fit great. The integrated safety seats saved us about $400 because we didn't have to buy new baby seats once our boys hit 3 yrs old. I am contemplating a new XC70 now.

Better than Ever
By SJF on 08/11/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Volvo and one of my favorites - why? Supportive comfort in front seats, handling control around corners is very good, driveability and great gas mileage. City average 28 and Highway 32. Sound system is very good, really like the system health displays. Husband is very tall and enjoys the ride; great cargo space. Back seats are just okay for adults, better for kids. Only issue in 2.5 years and 33K miles is a small rattle in the driver dash sometimes. Love this car.

06 V70 2.5T
By Mr Vette on 06/06/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this car used in March. The fuel economy is not too bad compairable to my 97 Honda Accord. Interior comfort is a little lacking. Performace is good. May buy a used 08 next year if it is more comfortable inside. Car has nav system. I hate it, gets on my nerves! 3rd row seat is also useless

One of the best turbo wagons out there
By Feh on 05/05/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Very nicely styled, stands out from the average V70. Nice Pegasus 17" rims. Very good inline-5 turbo, twin-intercooled engine. Smooth 6-speed auto transmission. Adjustable continuously control chassis concept suspension is great: click, and you are in comfort mode, another click, and suspension fully tightens. Amazing! Excellent 4-piston Brembo brakes all around. Thick rimmed, sporty steering wheel. Leather-wrapper everywhere. One of the most comfortable seats I've had in a car. HU-850 unit is awesome, Nav unit is OK.

Unhappy Volvo V70
By JMK on 12/30/07 15:47 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

An ok car. Minor rattle from dash vent, should not be in a car costing over 40K. Also lacks some comfort features and storage spaces. Rear leg room is poor. If you buy this car be prepared to give up some nifty stuff .

Worth the Money for the Seats
By David on 08/14/07 17:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife had decided she wanted more than a Japanese car, one that will go over 200K (like all our other cars). We looked at Outback, Camry, Accord, and Passat. Camry and Accord no longer come in wagons, and we didn't like the Subaru. Saab, BMW and Audi were overpriced. We were so impressed with the seats and the Volvo reputation for safety we bought it. Absolutely no problems, 25 MPG city, 31 MPG highway. Not too shabby for a turbo. The 5 cylinder is a little rough compared to a V6, but the car has a smooth ride.

My Sports Car Replacement
By V70 R AWD on 08/09/07 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We are pleasantly surprised. We had to find a family vehicle to replace the not so family friendly 03 Porsche 911. My new replacement vehicle is a wolf is sheep’s clothing: fun, fast with room for our new addition (our daughter) and the family dog. I was not expecting the performance that is provided in this car from a Volvo, not to mention a wagon. As it stands now, I don’t even miss my beloved Porsche. Interior is well laid out and all functions are easy to operate. As for fuel mileage, average 26.1 mpg; this is higher than the 25 mpg advertised in every review I’ve read thus far. Love it!

Unassuming yet Striking
By 06V70R on 08/08/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My V70R has been an absolute pleasure to own. This is a drivers car! My last two cars were the XCV70 and V70T5. The R puts these two cars to shame. With a one hour commute each way I am enjoying the car more each day. From seat support and comfort to sheer power the V70R for the money is the best performance and value on the market today.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.