Still Going
By Mike on
2005 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)
I have had this V70 car for 92,000 miles. I still drives as new. Only repairs were to a frozen gear shift and head lights started to glaze but were replaced under warranty. Maintenance has been below normal, brake pads, oil, and flush fluids at normal intervals. Volvo dealer maintenance is less expensive than premium brands but I have spent four figures there at least twice. The result in keeping the car up is a 10 year driver, six years in it really shows no wear of any significance. My last Ford Explorer and Sable were well worn by now on the last go around. Wife has S60 same engine her car is bullet proof also. For people who want cars for longevity go with the base 5cyl eng.
Favorite Features
The seats are class leading among all cars. Scandinavian design is simple and straight forward they use one button where others use 20. Advanced design ages well, car still has a better interior now than many brand new cars. Safety, Safety, Safety, watch NHTSA videos and tell me other cars are = !
Suggested Improvements
I you love torque you will not enjoy this car's driving experience. If you accelerate normally with 168 hp and the Hondas V6 next to you has 260+ hp you are going to be behind that car. So think of all the gas you are saving with 1/2 the displacement and smile.
By rmo3
on 10/10/11 16:07 PM (PDT)

I have a 2005 now with 125K My V70 also had the frozen gearshift occur and the hazed lights replaced under warranty (starting again now and warranty long gone). At 168 hp it is more cruiser than hot rod but what a great car and safe. Thought it was curious we had the same issues, so what is up with that gear shift? Keep rolling.