120K still drives as new and looks great a great car
By rmo3 on
2005 Volvo V70 T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
I have my 2005 since purchased almost new as a loaner with a 2K on the odo. It is my daily driver kids to school and to work and road miles. I drive more than average abut 25K a year. There have been no major maintenance issues, I did replace a/c at 100k live in FL runs 24/7 here. I had a g tires, brakes, fluids changes and (timing belt at 105K). Dealer service can be expensive but you should follow the maintenance schedule and make sure the last owner did if you are buying high mileage. The vehicle still rock solid gets 25 MPG. Still has a top speed of 130 mph, so those SUV's might pass you with 400 hp but know this the V70 is faster than all of them they are ltd. to 110 :).
Favorite Features
Has the storage of a wagon, drives like a sports sedan ( within limits). This is not a car that acts like a BMW at triple digit speeds, but is is stable and competent if you find yourself going that fast it is way safer than any SUV at 70 mph. Good a/c, great visibility, wonderful fut and finish, everything has held up exceptionally well in the interior. No major failures of any of the big ticket items at 12oK impressive. I will drive it up to 200K.
Suggested Improvements
Door dents since they are making cars lighter they dent easier, I have to get the dent removal team to go over the car for dings about every 2 years. Needs another 50 hp but not turbo charged, the new model with the V6 fixed that, but then there goes 30 mph on the road (yeah it is that good). Go back to glass headlamps, I hate these plastic one that haze over, how does that look in 7 years> Awful and cheap. The 2003 did not have plastic they used glass headlamps not worth the weight savings in my opinion. Sell all the cars with 17 inch tires my base 16.s rims are dartier in the wind had a s60 with bigger tires was more planted in cross wind.