Used 2005 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo V70 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

LIKE MY V70 204
By dan

2005 Volvo V70 T5 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My V70 is actually a nonturbo automatic. My mileage is 30 highyway and 20 city. This is an excellent car. When you first start it up, it revs to 2,000 rpm and within a few seconds drops to around 700 +/-. Dealer said should be that way. Had a 98 V70 XC before and only had minor stuff. I traded down this time to V70 becasue of price and looks. Bought it for safety, best seats in the market place, heated seats,dual air controls, and highly rated reliabiltiy in consumer reports. Holds the road nicely. BTW, my wife has hit in the back by a big pick up. Smased truck front and radiator, it had to be towed. No injury to my wife, drove it home. No glass breakage, bumpers & shock system did job.

Seats, safety, dual air controls, heated seats.

Put grocery bag holders in all wagons. More colors to choose from.

Not a soccer mom
By Buffalo Bob

2005 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

After starting out looking at Volvo V70 Cross Country models and deciding they're dogs - real soccer mom cars - I went through a number of SUVs up to and including a 4Dr Ford F150 P/U. Then gas hit $2.50 and someone reccomended I check out a V70R. I didn't even know they existed. Once I checked them on line goodbye to V6s & V8s... Fortunately my dealer had a used S60R to test drive so I got a taste - and began the process of getting a V70R. Build quality seems terrific. Performace with the 6 speed is excellent. Gas mileage is 23+ at the speeds the car performs best. 'And talk about stealth. I even passed a state trooper and he never noticed. After all it's a Volvo wagon right? Cool!

All wheel drive. Outstanding stereo. Solid.

Darker tint on the windows.

Volvo V70R-2005
By Orion T. Osborne

2005 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the automatic version of this vehicle because I am a high mileage driver (50,000 miles per year- road miles). This vehicle is a little slugish and I have discussed this with my dealer. I was expecting a faster automobile off the line and currently I am considering an after market EUC upgrade. I owned a 2001 V70 T-5 that was quicker. Mechanically, Volvo parts don't last many miles (bushings, shocks, engine mounts, etc). My T-5 had one of everything replaced in 205,000 miles, except the engine and the trans needed replacing when I traded it in. I truly hope the V-70R holds up better over time.

Stylish and quick. Great handling.

Supension parts need improvement, bushings, engine mounts, shocks are all supplied by the lowest bidder and are not quality parts.

Fourth Turbo Volvo
By Sleeper

2005 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The V70R is the perfect AWD replacement for anyone who has enjoyed an 850 turbo. The accelleration (with automatic trans) is very similar but the ride is more compliant and the handling much improved (you would never know you are in a wagon when cornering). If you wish more accelleration, go with the 6-speed manual - you will find the accelleration of the automatic underwhelming (considering the car has 300HP)compared with the 6M. The '04 is my wife's car and I will be replacing my Volvo Cross Country with a V70R 6M this spring.

The suspension is flat-out spectacular.

More light exterior colors for those potential buyers who live in hot climates. Offer high-performance all- season tires in place of the Pirelli P- Zero's that come standard. Offer a stronger automatic so you don't have to reduce the torque (and HP in the first two gears).

Very nice car
By annapoal

2005 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The newer v70 is much improved when compared to the older ones. The ride and handling with the optional wheel and tires is excellent. Mileage is very good. The seats are world class, the best. Performance of the nonturbo is good due to the 5 speed tranny and variable valve timing. Great mileage. Generous room in all areas. The worst I can say is the AM reception is poor.

Seats Very nice drive Mileage Safe Room Even has a pen holder